Two bungalows were sealed off with police tape following a serious incident.
A number of police cars and ambulances were called to Norman Street, Ilkeston , shortly before 3pm.
Neighbours claim at least two people have been stabbed. However, this has not been confirmed by police.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to a disturbance in Norman Street in Ilkeston at 2.50pm.
“It is an ongoing incident and residents are likely to see an increased police presence.”
Our reporter John Grant was at the scene earlier.
Follow his updates below.
We want you to be able to get your Derbyshire news whenever and however you want it.
And if you download our app, you can sign up for push notifications, which means you’ll get alerts about the biggest breaking news stories.
Thanks for following
That concludes our coverage for tonight.
We’re expecting a police statement on the incident tomorrow morning.
Neighbours selling up – they’ve had enough
One neighbour says he and his partner have put their house on the market due to problems in the area.
He said: “The area is bad, that’s why we’re selling. We’ve only been here two years.”
Map of the area
The incident happened in Norman Street in the Cotmanhay area of Ilkeston.
How the scene currently looks
Man ‘stabbed in neck and arm’
Our reporter has spoken to someone who claims to be a friend of someone involved in today’s incident.
He said: “My mate lives here and some geezer stabbed him in the neck and in the arm. He ran through the school covered in blood, and I heard two other people were stabbed.”
He also said the incident was drug-related.
Rumours swirling around
Another neighbour said: “I heard rumours that 3 people were stabbed but it’s just hearsay, I don’t know anyone involved.”
‘My daughter wants me to stay at hers tonight’
A pensioner living nearby says: “I’m 72 and I don’t want to get involved, I’m frightened.
“It scares me having this happening nearby, people have moved out of here out of fear.
“My daughter wants me to stay at hers tonight.
“I put up with a lot around here, it’s been bad for the last few years.
“I have to be very careful.”
Police are putting up more tape
Neighbour reveals he’s worried
One neighbour claims at least two people have been injured following a stabbing incident. Whilst the motive for any attack is unknown, the resident says drugs and crime are on the rise in the area.
He added: “I’m worried.”
More pictures from the scene
Earlier, a police spokesman said residents are likely to see “an increased police presence”.
Police at two properties
Our reporter John Grant has arrived at the scene. He says two bungalows have been cordoned off and that a police officer is standing outside.
He says at least one other officer is around the back.
- Trump warns that Kim Jong Un could lose 'special relationship' with him amid reports of missile site test
- Nancy Pelosi launches formal impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump amid reports he withheld aid money from Ukraine - as he brands the move 'more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage' and accuses the Dems of 'presidential harassment'
- CBB's Natalie Nunn defiantly kisses husband Jacob Payne amid reports he 'dumped her' after Dan Osborne and Chloe Ayling 'threesome' claims... and reveals she's on her way to LONDON
- Phillip Schofield 'is FEUDING with This Morning co-stars amid reports Ruth Langsford has made formal complaint and his bond with Holly Willoughby has become strained'... but ITV hits back at 'disappointing' claims
- Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz Jr: Amnesty hits out at fight amid reports of repression
- Trump cagey on Middle East troops amid reported deployment
- George Michael's ex Fadi Fawaz pulls down his trousers in alley amid reports he's sleeping rough
- Ja Rule’s Luxury Fyre Festival Postponed Amid Reports of ‘Mass Chaos’
- Midget Porn Star Under Arrest for Allegedly Stabbing Boyfriend - Report
- 'I'm absolutely fine': Jacqueline Jossa breaks her silence amid those Dan Osborne cheating claims... and calls I'm A Celebrity 'the best experience of her life' despite cancelling ALL press