A baby who was born after his mum was stabbed to death has tragically died.
The baby was delivered by paramedics after his mum was murder while she was eight months pregnant.
Kelly Mary Fauvrelle, 26, who “dreamed of being a mum”, was killed in the early hours of Saturday.
Scotland Yard confirmed her baby had died on Wednesday morning – reports Mirror Online.
Weeks before her death she was pictured holding a cake with the words “See you soon Riley” – which police this morning confirmed is the baby’s name.
Riley was delivered by paramedics at his mum’s and then rushed to hospital following the fatal attack , which happened at around 3.30am in Raymead Avenue, Thornton Heath.
Kelly’s aunt Rosa Fauvrelle, from Crystal Palace, South East London, said before his death that family were at his side.
She said: “My husband is at the hospital because they are doing a blessing as they think the baby might not survive.
“They said if you want you can bring a priest in.
“Everyone’s on edge and very short-fused. We don’t know what happened. Everybody is hysterical.”
Rosa added: “Kelly was an absolute sweetheart, the most gentle, loving person – and being a mum was all she dreamed about.”
A picture, taken in April and put on Facebook by her uncle, shows her holding a balloon reading: “It’s a boy”, with a cake and the iced message: “See you soon, Riley.”
Her uncle, Bruneau Fauvrelle, confirmed the name of the child by posting: “Why why why? Now praying for Riley.”
Detectives probing the murder of the pregnant mum have released new CCTV footage of a man walking towards her home and running away minutes later.
In the video, the man is seen walking towards Ms Fauvrelle’s home at about 3.15am and just over ten minutes later he is seen running back along the same street away from the mum-to-be’s address in Thornton Heath, said police.
Police were called to the home by the London Ambulance Service at 3.30am to reports of a woman in cardiac arrest.
Ms Fauvrelle died at the scene.
Det Chief Insp Mick Norman, who is leading the investigation, said: “This morning, we heard the sad news that Kelly’s baby son, Riley, has died in hospital. Our thoughts remain with their family.
“This tragic development makes it even more important that anyone with information comes forward as a matter of urgency.
“We have released footage as the next step in what has been a fast-paced, and extremely challenging investigation.
“We need to identify the man shown in the images urgently, even if only to eliminate him from our enquiries. I need to hear from anyone who knows who he is. If this is you, it is imperative that you contact my team immediately.”
Top news stories
- Glasgow teen mum lay dead in flat for two days with 5-month baby beside her
- Mum, 19, dead in flat for 2 days with dehydrated 5-month-old baby beside her
- Mum, 19, who lay dead in flat for two days with dehydrated baby beside her lost best pal three years ago
- Premature baby battled ‘to the very last’ to survive until birth so identical twin brother could live
- Mum tries to commit suicide driving into the path of a truck after being ‘consumed by the DEVIL after giving birth’
- Teen mum lay dead in flat for two days with dehydrated five-month-old baby beside her
- Diabetes in pregnancy 'going unchecked'
- The Story of Coronation Street: The 21st century saw evil killers ramp up the drama
- The man who ordered a massacre