Sport by Press Association 01/07/2019, 10:47 am Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Max Verstappen produced a brilliant display to win the Austrian Grand Prix. The Dutchman fought back from seventh and survived a stewards’ investigation to clinch the sixth win of his career. Here, PA looks at five things we learned from Sunday’s race at the Red Bull Ring. 1. Stewards make the right call Imagine the outcry if Formula One’s stewards chalked off Verstappen’s fine drive to victory? While one has to sympathise with Charles Leclerc – the Ferrari youngster cruelly denied his first grand prix win for the second time this season – the sport’s image would have been tarnished if Sunday’s result was overturned. This was just the race that F1 needed after the turgid affair in France a week ago, and Verstappen was at the centre of it all. Yes, the Dutchman’s move with two laps to go was aggressive, but Leclerc could have backed out when he saw the Red Bull (just) get to the corner first. The victory was a perfect reward for Verstappen who has continued to over-deliver for Red Bull over the last 12 months. 2. Don’t… Read full this story
- F1 2019 schedule: Australian Grand Prix kicks new season off while British GP pencilled for July
- F1 Japanese Grand Prix race facing severe rainfall and winds reaching 216km/h
- Allen faces sanction for conceding match-winning frame early at World Grand Prix
- Why F1 should cancel Japanese Grand Prix amid Typhoon Hagibis concern
- Who have Alfa Romeo replaced in F1 and when did they last have a Grand Prix team?
- Most expensive flat in Europe goes on the market for £67million and comes with cinema, huge balcony and view of Grand Prix circuit
- F1 fans worry Lewis Hamilton will miss Japanese Grand Prix after strange decision
- Michael Bailey: Scrap penalties, shoo-in Tom and too-good Teemu – 6 things learned from Norwich City’s Bolton bashing
- Smoking Hot Model Alexis Ren Takes on Armed Baddies in New Action-Packed VIDEO
- Michael Bailey: Krul kicks, Baggies baggage and a win for Norwich City underdogs – Six things learned from The Hawthorns
5 things we learned from an action-packed Austrian Grand Prix have 357 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at July 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.