A young man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in the chest.
Emergency services were called to Widdecombe Close in Wood End on Saturday afternoon to reports of a stabbing.
Police had been called by the ambulance service and said a 23-year-old had suffered a chest injury.
He was taken to hospital in a serious but stable condition.
A spokesman for West Midlands Police said: “Police were called by ambulance colleagues to Widdecombe Close, Wood End, to reports of a stabbing at 4.45pm yesterday (15 June).
“Enquiries to trace those responsible are continuing and anyone with information is asked to get in touch via Live Chat at west-midlands.police.uk between 8am and midnight, call 101 anytime.
“To remain anonymous please contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Tell them what you know, not who you are. Please quote log 1983 of 15/06/2019.”
Police say the incident is not being linked to the death of Emmanuel Lukenga in Coventry earlier this week.
- Machete Man With Violent Past Who Attacked UK Police Officer Locked Up For 16 Years
- 23-yr-old Indian origin student stabbed in Canada battles for life
- Rory McIlroy well placed for world No 1 bid as Tiger Woods fires 69 at Torrey Pines
- Shia LaBeouf introduces young Noah Jupe in two new posters for his upcoming bio-movie Honey Boy
- 23-yr-old Indian woman stabbed in Canada; ‘deeply shocked’, says S Jaishankar
- Indian student stabbed in Toronto
- UK police confirms all 3 men killed in London stabbing incident were Indians
- Libyan Militant Sentenced to 19 Years for Role in Benghazi Attacks
- Sydney’s feisty rock-star Irish chef Colin Fassnidge is a man of opposites
- Woman, 28, is left flat-chested and with severe scarring on her breasts 'following botched surgery to give her implants at a cut-price clinic in Turkey'