A young man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in the chest.
Emergency services were called to Widdecombe Close in Wood End on Saturday afternoon to reports of a stabbing.
Police had been called by the ambulance service and said a 23-year-old had suffered a chest injury.
He was taken to hospital in a serious but stable condition.
A spokesman for West Midlands Police said: “Police were called by ambulance colleagues to Widdecombe Close, Wood End, to reports of a stabbing at 4.45pm yesterday (15 June).
“Enquiries to trace those responsible are continuing and anyone with information is asked to get in touch via Live Chat at west-midlands.police.uk between 8am and midnight, call 101 anytime.
“To remain anonymous please contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Tell them what you know, not who you are. Please quote log 1983 of 15/06/2019.”
Police say the incident is not being linked to the death of Emmanuel Lukenga in Coventry earlier this week.
- Homa Bay man stabs, kills self during fight with girlfriend
- Palestinian young man defies gravity through balance art
- Feature: Palestinian young man defies gravity through balance art
- Mentally ill man acquitted of ’96 fatal attack on nuns dies
- This Young Man and Woman Were Buried Face-to-Face 4,000 Years Ago in Kazakhstan
- PICTURED: Boy, 17, who was killed in Surfers Paradise brawl after he was stabbed in the chest and the back in front of a supermarket - as police release pictures of the men they want to talk to
- Man charged with animal cruelty after labrador was stabbed to death in front of her horrified owner in shocking 'random' attack during their night-time walk
- Driver cheats death after his car was skewered by a huge concrete post during a rear-end crash
- Houses of worship attacked with deadly frequency in 2019
- Husband stabbed his wife to death after he discovered she was having an affair with a joiner, court hears