It’s Father’s Day, an occasion to celebrate our amazing Brizzle dads. Whether they are calling you ‘a wrong ‘un’ or telling you they’re ‘off down the Gaass’, here’s some of the best one-liners you probably heard when growing up in a Bristol home. “Alright my lover?” Your dad is saying ‘hello’ to either you or one of your friends. “Off down the Gaaas” or “Off down the Gate” He loves his family but he equally loves watching his favourite football team whichever one that is. ‘I’m not a taxi service’ You knew he’d give you a lift, he knew he’d give you a lift, but not without making a fuss about it first. “Eez a wrong ‘un” Dad doesn’t approve of your new boyfriend or finds someone on TV disturbing. “Gunna fine summut down town” Every now and then, dad likes to go into town for a spot of shopping. “Wen eyesa nipper” Dad loves to regale the family with stories of when he was a youngster. “You’ve scraged your knee?” You run to your dad after an injury and he rubs it better saying it’s only a little cut. You can injure yourself anywhere, but you can only get… Read full this story
- Well, at least you’ve got to admire Tilda Swinton’s balls
- Why you should avoid some cough syrups if you think you’ve got the coronavirus
- Britain's Got Talent judges' real-life children: Amanda Holden, Simon Cowell and more
- Council Of Dads actor J August Richards, 46, reveals he is gay like his TV character then adds the support he has received is like an 'avalanche of LOVE'
- Miley Cyrus says her dad Billy Ray Cyrus still hasn’t mastered FaceTime … as she broadcasts on IGTV amid COVID-19 social distancing
- James Bulger’s dad blasts Jon Venables’ sentence and begs authorities to strip him of his new identity before he claims more victims
- That's one way to keep them busy! Devoted dad builds a 'bin train' to entertain his children during the coronavirus lockdown
- Dani Dyer reveals dad Danny 'wasn't thrilled' about her going on Love Island and hates it when guys just want to talk about EastEnders actor on dates
- Ashley Banjo of Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity could become next judge on show
- 'She idolises him': Amy Childs reveals daughter Polly, 2, calls her grandfather Billy 'dad' after jailbird ex Bradley Wright went back behind bars
You know you've got a Brizzle dad when... have 409 words, post on www.bristolpost.co.uk at June 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.