It’s Father’s Day, an occasion to celebrate our amazing Brizzle dads.
Whether they are calling you ‘a wrong ‘un’ or telling you they’re ‘off down the Gaass’, here’s some of the best one-liners you probably heard when growing up in a Bristol home.
“Alright my lover?”
Your dad is saying ‘hello’ to either you or one of your friends.
“Off down the Gaaas” or “Off down the Gate”
He loves his family but he equally loves watching his favourite football team whichever one that is.
‘I’m not a taxi service’
You knew he’d give you a lift, he knew he’d give you a lift, but not without making a fuss about it first.
“Eez a wrong ‘un”
Dad doesn’t approve of your new boyfriend or finds someone on TV disturbing.
“Gunna fine summut down town”
Every now and then, dad likes to go into town for a spot of shopping.
“Wen eyesa nipper”
Dad loves to regale the family with stories of when he was a youngster.
“You’ve scraged your knee?”
You run to your dad after an injury and he rubs it better saying it’s only a little cut. You can injure yourself anywhere, but you can only get a scrage in Bristol.
‘Were you born in a barn?’
Never leave any door open. Ever. Dad was thinking about the heatin’ bill again.
“Where’s me daps to?”
Just when the family are ready to leave the house, dad realises he can’t find his plimsolls.
“I’m leaving your mua”
After a heated debate, dad announces he’s leaving mum but normally returns home within the hour.
You’ve just asked your dad if you can go out with friends and he’s trying to work out the exact location you’re talking about.
‘Are we heatin’ the bleedin’ street?’
Dad doesn’t see the same need for central heating as the wife and kids.
This is something more said to dads than dads say to the family.
He’s very pleased with the Father’s Day present you’ve picked for him and he’s telling you it’s rather nice.
“I can’t understand a word yum saying ow bis”
You’re not speaking clear enough and he’s struggling to understand what you’re are asking for.
Did we miss any off? Send your best one-liners to [email protected]
- Ty Segall: “If a show’s going ridiculous, you’ve got to take it to the next level…”
- 9 things you’ve got to stop doing in sales negotiations
- Robert Plant: “I said to Jimmy Page, ‘If you’ve got anything acoustic, let me know.’ But he walked away…”
- Dear Abby: Woman’s old sweetheart still can’t win her dad’s approval
- 20 movers and shakers you've got to meet at AFM
- CNN’s Dana Bash on Trump’s Tweeting: When You’re President, ‘You’ve Got to Be Clear’
- Colbert Sings Moving Rendition of ‘You’ve Got a Friend’ to the Pope
- “You’ve Got Mail!” for the 19th Century
- Police Officer’s Widow Slams Nike in Open Letter: ‘You’ve Got this One Wrong’
- ‘You’ve Got to be Kidding Me!’:
- Larry Wilmore Slams Fox: Obama ‘Cries About Dead Children and You’ve Got Notes?’
- Delete these 9 dodgy apps NOW if you’ve got bad Android battery life
- You've got to give them credit
- You’ve Got to Watch This Guy Paint an Iconic Image While Singing the Anthem at a Hockey Game
- If You’ve Got a Bunch of Extra Cash Lying Around, This Gold-Plated Trump iPhone Can Be Yours
- This gift guide will help you find out what kind of dad you have
- Susana And Becky Talk Dads And Daughters In Video Games, Part 2
- Postal service responds to 7-year-old boy who sent 'letter to dad in heaven'
- Father's Day gift ideas that will thrill your car-loving dad
- Spanx founder Sara Blakely learned an important lesson about failure from her dad — now she's passing it on to her 4 kids
You know you've got a Brizzle dad when... have 673 words, post on www.bristolpost.co.uk at June 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.