GEORGE Ezra put on an exciting show while gracing the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury on June 28 – just two years after his last performance at the iconic festival.
The singer released his second album ‘Staying at Tamara’s’ in early 2018 and will be attending various festivals across Europe and the UK in 2019. Here’s the story about the talented singer.
Who is George Ezra? What is his background?
George Ezra Barnett, 25, was born June 7, 1993, and is an English singer-songwriter and musician.
After releasing two EPs, Did You Hear the Rain? in October 2013 and Cassy O’ in March 2014, George shot to fame with the release of his hit single Budapest.
The song reached the top 10 in several countries around the world, reaching Number One in Austria, Belgium, New Zealand and the Czech Republic.
After this, George’s debut album Wanted on Voyage, released in June 2014, reached Number One in the UK and the top ten in seven other countries.
What is George Ezra’s setlist for Glastonbury on the Pyramid Stage?
George is on the Pyramid Stage from 8.15pm-9.15pm on (TODAY) Friday, June 28, 2019.
George’s track list has yet to be revealed, however, it is likely he will perform songs from his first album Wanted on the Voyage, as well as his current Staying at Tamara’s.
When he performed on The Other Stage at Glastonbury on June 23, 2017, he sang Cassy’O, Getaway, Barcelona, Leaving It Up to You and Pretty Shining People.
Meanwhile, on the BBC Music Introducing Stage on June 24, 2017, he belted out tracks like Listen to the Man, Blame It On Me and Budapest.
Did George Ezra win a 2019 Brit Award?
Yes, he won the Best British Male Solo Artist.
He was also up for the Best Album and British Single gongs.
The British singer was confirmed as a 2019 Brit Award nominee during the one-off ITV special The Brits Are Coming.
Is George Ezra married?
George isn’t married but he is in a serious relationship.
In February 2019 The Sun exclusively revealed that he is dating Bristol-born singer Florrie.
They were spotted kissing at the Brits 2019.
Although he doesn’t like to reveal too much about his private life, George told the Express in 2018 that his latest album features tracks inspired by the romance.
He said: “Yes. Three months or four months before the last record was completely wrapped up, I met my now-girlfriend.
“The timing was brilliant because we actually got to spend time together and go on a few dates.
“That was the one blessing about it taking me so long to write this b***** record!”
What are George’s hit songs?
George has scored numerous hits since he first emerged on the scene, they include:
- Blame It on Me
- Listen To the Man
- Did You Hear The Rain
- Cassy O’
- Leaving It Up to You
- Song 6
- Benjamin Twine
- Stand by Your Gun
Shotgun is his only UK No1 hitting the top spot in April 2018.
Debut single Budapest reached No3 and Paradise hit a high point of No2.
Both his albums, Wanted On Voyage and Staying At Tamara’s, secured the coveted top spot, with the former remaining in the charts for 169 weeks.
When was George Ezra’s album released?
George’s album Staying At Tamara’s was released on March 23, 2018.
Taking to Twitter, he said: “That’s it, no going back, 11 songs that I’ve worked on for eighteen months,
“Finally available for all of us to listen to & to take with us wherever it may be that we end up.
“I hope you love it!”
More TV and showbiz
Are Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash married? We have the lowdown
TAGGED AND STUFFED
Hollyoaks star David Tag stuns fans with bulging shirtless selfie
The Walking Dead boss on when Ezekiel will leave show after cancer bombshell
ready to rumble
Declan Donnelly seen at airport for I’m A Celeb with wife Ali and daughter
THE END IS NIGH
The End of the F***ing World boss confirms season 2 will be show’s last
Keanu Reeves, 55, is ‘extremely happy and grateful’ for Alexandra Grant, 46
Dolly Parton fans go wild as she unveils trailer for Netflix show Heartstrings
Celebrity News: Strictly, Katie Price, Angelina Jolie, Keanu Reeves
THE WORLD’S END
Will there be an End of the F***ing World series three?
Dec admits he was furious after Ant kept his addiction battle secret from him
Staying At Tamara’s is his second album and follows the 2014 hit, Wanted On Voyage.
Paradise, which was released back in January 2018, features on his album.
Other songs include:
- Pretty Shining People
- Don’t Matter How
- Get Away
- All My Love
- Hold My Girl
- Only a Human
- The Beautiful Dream
- Glitter, George Ezra and power ballad yoga: Friday at Glastonbury 2019
- Reporting on Glastonbury 2019: 'it's a cultural event unlike any other'
- Stormzy at Glastonbury 2019 review – a glorious victory lap for black British culture
- Litter-picking poets and dystopian raves: readers' Glastonbury highlights
- Glastonbury in the heat: ‘We’ve still got queues, but this year for water not wellies’
- All hail Stormzy for historic Glastonbury performance
- Glastonbury offers free sun cream as weather warms up
- Adele headlines Saturday at Glastonbury 2016 – review
- Glastonbury festival: 'huge improvement' in clean-up operation
- Kylie Minogue puts on an energetic performance as she candidly talks about her 2005 cancer battle at the GQ Men Of The Year Awards 2019
- Here's Everything Coming to Hulu in June 2019
- Emily Eavis: 'I had death threats for booking Kanye in 2015'
- Ed Sheeran 'warms up' the Biggest Weekend crowd in Swansea
- Celebrity rich list: Who beat Harry Potter and Harry Styles?
- The 11 best UK boutique festivals if you're looking for something different
- Ed Sheeran named richest UK celebrity aged 30 or under
- Here's When We Think Game of Thrones' New Age of Heroes Spinoff Should Take Place
- Worst dressed stars at BRIT Awards
- Joker review – Joaquin Phoenix’s villain has last laugh in twisted tale
- Justin Verlander looks to clinch World Series for Houston Astros
Who is Glastonbury 2019 headliner George Ezra and what is his setlist for the Pyramid stage? have 1005 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 30, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.