Rafa Benitez is ready to seriously consider moving to China after his departure from Newcastle — even thought it could dent his reputation around Europe’s elite. Benitez turned 59 in April and reckons he has 10 years left as a top club boss. “I still feel like a young manager,” he says, citing his backroom staff and family in helping him stay fresh, and to understand the modern player. His aim is to win the Champions League again, having famously lifted the European Cup with Liverpool in 2005 — and more trophies, and he would also, one day, like to manage the Spain national team. Benitez also said his first preference was to stay close to his Wirral home for a couple of years, until his youngest daughter has completed her exams. But his immediate future could be much further afield, swapping England’s North-East for the Far East. Newcastle’s failure to push through a contract extension means the picture has changed and a £12m a year contract on offer from Dalian Yifang now looks his best bet. Dalian are currently 11th in the 16-team Chinese Super League, having won just three of this season’s first 14 games under first-year South… Read full this story
- Motorcycle Touring - Become a World Traveler Without Leaving the United States
- Newcastle City - A Place Where There's Much to Do
- Newcastle Heroes Are Not All Footballers
- Where Does Manchester United Go From Here?
- Famous People to Come From Newcastle
- Oxford United Vs Portsmouth - 3rd November 1992
- Introduction to Head Units
- The Truth About Maternity Leave in the United States
- Why Even a Top Grade Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Unit in Your Home is Going to Make You Sick
- The Best Portable Storage Container? It's Simple, It's a Portable Storage Unit
Where next for Rafa Benitez after he leaves Newcastle United? have 295 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.