It’s been almost a month since Reading played their last match of the season against Birmingham City.
Seeing as Royals ensured their Championship status with some last gasp winners at Norwich, Ipswich and at home to Wigan, there is a lot to look forward to for the season ahead.
Reading fans should get their diaries ready for matches next season as the fixtures will be released on Thursday, June 20 at 9am .
Once the day comes, fans will be able to plan their weekends over the next nine months in order to cheer on Jose Gomes’ men wherever they are.
Since the arrival of Gomes at the helm and an upturn in results, there now seems to be more of an incentive for fans to attend games.
The first game of the season is likely to be on Saturday, August 10 and it will conclude on Sunday, May 17, 2020.
These dates may seem too far away for some fans and the lack of football for the players hasn’t gone unnoticed, so Reading will be travelling to Spain for a two week training camp in July, before hosting Chelsea at the Madejski Stadium for a pre-season friendly on Sunday, July 28.
These fixtures will be crucial for the fans to see whether Reading can get off to the start that proves their worth as a club in its seventh consecutive season in the second tier of English football.
Don’t forget to keep an eye out on our social media pages for more Royals news.
- When Derby's 2019-20 Championship fixtures will be released
- Derby County's 2019-20 Championship fixtures countdown
- Derby County fixture release day
- Championship 2019-20 TV fixtures announced
- Premier League fixtures 2019/20: How fixtures are compiled
- Liverpool fans spot advantage and concern over 2019/20 fixtures
- How the 2019/20 Championship fixture list is compiled
- Live: Reading fixtures for the 2019/20 Championship season
- EFL fixtures 2019-20: Your club-by-club guide to the new season