A new clinical trial to test the success of male contraceptive gel has started in Scotland. The hormone-infused gel will be used by each of the 450 couples – based in Edinburgh and Manchester – taking part for one year. The gel, called NES/T, is designed to reduce sperm production without affecting libido and works in a very similar way to the female pill. A young Scots couple from Edinburgh are one of the first to trial the gel. Students Joanna McCloskey and her partner Christopher Gray found out about the trial through an advert online, according to Glasgow Live . They were keen to get involved to help deliver a greater variety of contraceptive measures for couples. But what exactly is the male contraceptive gel? Here’s everything you need to know: How does it work? The gel contains progestogen which works to ‘switch off’ sperm production, meaning sperm count drops to zero after a few months. The gel also contains testosterone to offset a drop in the male hormone caused by progestogen, which could otherwise cause unpleasant side-effects. What do males do with the gel? The gel is rubbed into the guys shoulders and upper arms daily. The men… Read full this story
- Seriously, how does the Leonard Saga end in San Antonio?
- Russell Wilson is Working with Freddie Roach
- Will the Hawkeyes Running Back Duo Continue to Work?
- David Ortiz does not ‘think it’s time’ for Rob Gronkowski to retire
- David Ortiz does not ‘think it’s time’ for Gronkowski to retire
- Cole Hamels does not like 6-man rotations
- OU football: What does Bob Diaco’s ‘big-picture’ role mean for Mike Stoops and OU's defense?
- Report: Rob Gronkowski, Patriots working on changes with contract
- Man U player does 'Black Panther' tribute after winning goal
- Lakers Draft 2018: Does LA Have A Lottery Pick? A Look At The Lakers Draft Prospects
What is the male contraceptive gel and how does it work? have 312 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.