Channel 4 was today accused of holding a ‘dodgy’ Tory leadership debate where candidates were encouraged to ‘knock chunks out of each other’ – while hard Brexiteer Dominic Raab was ‘sidelined’. Viewers who attacked the broadcaster after last night’s TV battle also declared that Boris Johnson had ‘won’ because he had refused to take part, calling it a pro-EU ‘kangaroo court’ and a ‘trap’. Host Krishnan Guru-Murthy, who attended Oxford University, was also blasted as ‘snide’ for introducing each candidate by the school and university they went to. Channel 4 today insisted that the audience was made up of ‘floating voters’ who were ‘open’ to voting Tory and picked by an independent polling company. But those watching at home said those in the studio appeared ‘biased’ towards the EU because there was so little clapping for anyone advocating Brexit, calling it a ‘remainer fest’. Channel 4 tried to shame Mr Johnson during the showdown last night by leaving an empty podium where he should have been – while Guru-Murthy taunted that there was still time for him to ‘get a taxi’ to the studios. The other hopefuls slammed Mr Johnson – who was holed up in his London flat – for… Read full this story
- 'If guys acted like that over girls' weight, all hell would break loose!' Love Island viewers slam the girls for mocking Nas' height as NO ONE steps forward for him
- EU council president: it's hard Brexit or no Brexit at all
- Labour leadership candidates - where they stand on Brexit policies and more
- Angry Strictly viewers slam bosses for always giving pros Luba and Nadia ‘tall men who can’t dance’ and claim they’ll NEVER win the show
- ‘NCIS’ Had More Total TV Viewers Than The Largest Democratic Debate Stage In History
- Ireland's party leaders round on Gerry Adams in TV election debate
- 'Shame on you!' Viewers claim This Morning is 'mocking' Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after they use LOOKALIKES of the couple to offer them a 'job' on the show
- What is Brexit? The UK’s departure from the EU explained
- 'Like watching paint dry': Labour MPs savage 'boring' Corbyn loyalist Rebecca Long Bailey after lacklustre leadership pitch to parliamentary party but Lisa Nandy is cheered after she warns: 'If we do not change course we will die'
- Meet the new Karl Stefanovic: Channel Nine's comeback kid brings heart, laughs and depth to rebooted Today show after a lacklustre 2019... but he still has his fair share of critics
Was it a Channel 4 stitch-up? Viewers slam 'snide' TV leadership debate that 'encouraged candidates to knock chunks out of each other' and 'sidelined the hard Brexiteer' have 412 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.