A top Cardiff restaurant had to close for two days after two chefs walked out without warning.
Some customers of the Park House restaurant in Park Place were met with a locked door when they turned up for their reservation.
While the majority of people were told that the restaurant would be temporarily closed, one customer travelled from Carmarthenshire for afternoon tea only to find there was nobody there.
On Friday, chef Matt Waldron posted a tweet saying he had left the restaurant.
The tweet said: “I am no longer working for Park House Restaurant and Wine Bar as of tooday.
“I would like to thank all the customers and friends for there(sic) support over the past year.
“Please stay in touch and keep your eyes peeled for the future’s exciting projects.”
Posting the same day, co-chef Josh Morris also announced his resignation.
He said: “Not that it really matters but I am also no longer associated with the Park House. Let’s see where life takes me.”
Adam Pledger, founder of Park House restaurant, said the temporary closure was “regrettable” but was keen to stress they have reopened.
He said: “It is heart-breaking that we had to shut on Friday and Saturday this weekend as two of our chefs informed us of their decision to leave immediately to move to new pastures. This left us unable late on Friday afternoon to arrange cover so we took the decision to close for the weekend.
“We personally spoke to nearly all of our guests who had reservations and explained the situation. All were very understanding with the majority rebooking for the future.
“We have been made aware of two customers whom missed our messages and unfortunately turned up expecting us to be open, this is very regrettable and we are making contact offering them a complimentary visit in the future.
“This weekend has been a deeply upsetting time for the whole Park House family but we have wonderful customers and loyal staff whom have sent many messages of support and encouragement and we look forward to reopening as normal on Tuesday.”
- Chef Chat: Charles Clark, An Experience Guy
- 'Learning to walk again was a f***ing nightmare'
- Disabled kitchen porter sacked from restaurant run by shamed Perth hotel owner
- Houston restaurant inspection citations for the week of May (22-29)
- Greenville restaurant industry shares stories of substance abuse, meets challenges head on
- 7 Arizona chefs to storm New York's James Beard House for dinner
- Arizona Restaurant Week: In the kitchen at Beckett's Table
- As restaurants struggle to survive, some find strength in numbers
- The Tower District’s newest restaurant: beef brain, 13 kinds of salsa and mulitas