Tens of thousands of people turned out on the streets of the capital to celebrate Dublin Pride.
Thousands marched as part of the annual parade while huge crowds came out to cheer them on.
Beginning on O’Connell Street the parade passed through the city and ended with a free outdoor event in Merrion Square.
Celebrations began early this morning with a number of places hosting pre-parade events.
Over 70 LGBTQ+ organisations and community groups took part in this year’s parade.
This year’s theme was Rainbow Revolution and saw people, dogs, shops the GPO, City Hall and more covered in rainbows.
The parade has been held every year since 1983 when the first large scale LGBTQ+ protest march took place in Dublin in response to the release of the murderers of a gay man called Declan Flynn.
That June, the first Dublin Pride Parade was organised.
Dublin Pride said that the event is both a celebration and a protest against the discrimination and inequalities that still exist in Ireland.
Samaritans have volunteers available for anyone who may be struggling to cope during Pride.
They will be on Capel Street Bridge in Dublin tonight from 9pm to 3am while those not in Dublin city centre can call free day or night on 116 123.
Also held in Dublin this afternoon was a Pride Alternative event organised by Queer Action Ireland.
The group said that it would not participate in Dublin Pride due to the fact that An Garda Síochána were marching in the parade for the first time this year.
The group were also critical of the decision to name RTÉ as the official media sponsor.
The Pride Alternative event saw a large number turn out at Rosie Hackett Bridge this afternoon.
- Google offers VR solution for those who are barred from marching in gay pride parades
- Why everyone is talking about Sweden's GTA pride parade
- Apple employees celebrate LGBTQ Pride with rainbow Apple Watch bands
- Google Maps helps you find Pride Month events in 35 cities around the world
- Here's the Play-By-Play of North Korea's Pre-Olympics Missile Parade
- Someone wrote 'Trump is disgusting' in the sky above the Rose Parade
- Stockholm Pride climax set to be 'hot and humid'
- Cavaliers’ river parade a festive delight of music and lights
- Comic Hero Popular in Sweden Mocked for Fighting ‘Polish Nationalists’ with Gay Pride Flag
- Late night app hook-up turns to horror as man is allegedly held against his will, robbed and assaulted by his female date