These are the places in Swansea where house prices are rising the fastest, according to a property website.
The figures from Zoopla reveal homes in the upper Swansea Valley have seen the greatest increase over the past 12 months, with properties in the SA9 postcode having increased on average by 2.48% or £3,257 over that period.
Spokesman for Zoopla Annabel Dixon, said: “We’re a nation of property lovers so our latest research will no doubt pique the interest of Brits keeping a close eye on what’s happening in their neighbourhoods.”
The best performing postcodes in Swansea
1. SA1 – Ystalyfera, Ystradgynlais, Cwmtwrch
The average house price in SA9 in June is £134,457. This time last year the figure was £131,200, a year on year change of £3,257, or 2.48%
2. SA2 – Sketty, Uplands, Dunvant
The average property value in SA2 is £228,682 up on last year’s average of £224,101. The increase of £4,581 is 2.04%
This three bedroom terraced house on Glanbrydan Avenue , near Brynmill Park, is on offer for close to the average price for SA2, £230,000. It is being sold through Dawsons estate agents.
3. SA4 – Pontarddulais, Penclawdd, Penyrheol
According to Zoopla, the average house price in SA4 is £179,360, an increase of £4,581 on last June’s average of £175,858 – or 1.99%
This two bed end of terrace property on Gower Road in Sketty is currently on sale with Purple Bricks, with an asking price of £180,000.
4. SA7 – Llansamlet
Last year’s average priced property was £160,238. Twelve months on that has on average increased by £2,286 to £162,524, which is 1.43%
An average priced property in SA7 includes this four bedroom property on Ryw Blodyn , which Peter Alan estate agents are selling for a price of £160,000.
What you need to know if you want to avoid knocking thousands off your property
5. SA1 – Castle, St Thomas, Bonymaen, Townhill
Buying a property in SA1 12 months ago would have set you back around £134,795. This month, the average price is £136,189 – a 1.03% increase of £1,394.
Bay Estate Agents are offering this one bed flat for sale in SA1’s Meridian Tower for £139,950.
6. SA3 – Oystermouth, West Cross, Gower
The average priced property in SA3 is £339,339 – 12 months ago the average was £336,995. The increase of 0.70% is £2,344.
7. SA8 – Pontardawe, Rhos, Alltwen
In June last year the average property in SA8 cost £161,617. A year later the average price is 0.57% higher, an increase of £918 to make the current average for the postcode £162,535.
8. SA6 – Morriston, Clydach, Mynyddbach
The average priced property in SA6 is £135,020, an increase of £598 on last year’s average for the postcode of £134,422, or 0.44%
This three bed semi detached hom e on Vicarage Road is marginally above the average for SA6, with offers invited by Pinkmove over £140,000.
9. SA5 – Cockett, Penderry, Cwmbwrla
The only area of Swansea, according to Zoopla, where homes have seen a drop in value. Last year the average priced property in SA5 was £121,433. But a year later the average is £121,326. The difference of £107 is -0.09%.
- Edinburgh homes are fastest selling in the UK
- Wales Fast Growth 50,2018: These are the fastest growing companies in Wales
- 14 serious ways Wales loses out because of Brexit
- Airport-style security checks and 12 hours walking a day - behind-the-scenes look at an Amazon warehouse
- Women Mean Business: ‘I had to protect staff from Philip Green’s bullying’ alleges former Topshop chief
- Britain on a high: 8 summer activities to do at a height