Motoring by Press Association 25/06/2019, 2:27 pm Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Sometimes rules are made to be broken. But when producing a product, be it a car or a carpet, it’s often best to go along with the crowd rather than breaking the mould. However, making the bold decision to do something different can sometimes have spectacular, popular results, and that’s been proven to be the case on numerous occasions in the motoring industry. Be it a move away from what the rest of the industry is doing, or a departure from what the brand is typically known for, these are the new cars that defy current conventions with exciting consequences. Aston Martin Vantage AMR The automatic gearbox has become the go-to installation for practically every high-end car on the market, and even though many cars will have Formula One-style flappy paddles to their name, plenty of car enthusiasts lament the loss of the manual gearbox. Aston Martin responded to the woes of manual gearbox fans with the Vantage AMR. In this track-centric version of its baby sports car, the Mercedes-sourced eight-speed automatic gearbox is ditched in favour of a seven-speed manual transmission. Naturally,… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders WINS New Hampshire primary but squeezes home by tiny margin as Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar surge into second and third - while Joe Biden crashes to FIFTH and three no-hopers drop out
- Flailing Joe Biden unveils new ad saying 'This is only getting started' after he falls to disastrous FIFTH place in New Hampshire and Bernie Sanders becomes Democratic frontrunner
- How Welsh devolution has evolved over two decades
- Night fever: Glastonbury revellers kick off festival's first evening with record temperatures forecast during a scorching weekend
- Donald Trump attacks prosecution of Roger Stone while the judge is SENTENCING the dirty trickster - as DOJ lawyers IGNORE Bill Barr to say dirty trickster should not get leniency and call his conviction 'righteous'
- Has wine gone bad?
The best convention-defying new cars have 334 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.