A PANIC was caused outside a mosque in Spain yesterday after a mystery man fired four shots before speeding off.
The attack happened during dawn prayers when one – possibly two – assailants fired four rounds outside the Muley el-Mehdi Mosque, according to EFE news agency.
Luckily no one was injured at the place of worship in Ceuta, which is the largest of its kind in the Spanish-held territory.
Police have launched an investigation into the incident.
Eyewitnesses told the local El Faro de Ceuta newspaper that an assailant fired the shots before escaping on a motorcycle.
Some 40% of Ceuta’s inhabitants are Muslim.
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant – 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago – 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain – 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions – 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol – 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59
- Life in the laid-back East of the Costa del Sol has never seemed more appealing – 25 Jun, 2019 @ 10:10
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol – 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol – 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe – 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned – 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain’s Ceuta, no injuries
- Rwanda's capital bans mosques from using loudspeakers during Muslim call to prayer
- Quebec City mosque killer Alexandre Bissonnette says Justin Trudeau welcoming refugees was ‘last straw’
- Mosque terror: 'Complex' investigation under way
- Africa: Gosh, Hope That Middle Finger Wasn't for Putin?!
- Leaders around the globe express their horror at New Zealand shootings
- A quiet country reels after a horrific massacre -- and struggles to find its new normal
- Airbnb will remove guest home listings in the West Bank
- A summary of attacks on Muslims in Western countries