St Helens first team players, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Luke Douglas, Jack Ashworth and Joseph Paulo, took part in an activity session for people with learning disabilities in celebration of Learning Disability Week The television programme Rugby AM filmed the session, with the broadcast coinciding with Learning Disability Week, showcasing an incredible example of the inclusion work taking place from Rugby League clubs across the UK.Following on from the incredible success of Magic Weekend, where the Learning Disability Super League team played on the pitch and the iconic Anfield Stadium, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook interviewed Saints Learning Disability player, John Paul Derbyshire about his experience.Last month, the launch of the programme took place at Dacia’s Magic Weekend, giving almost 160 people with learning disabilities the opportunity to play in front of tens of thousands of people at the famous home of Liverpool F.C.Samantha Brennan, Managing Director of the North West for Community Integrated Care, said: “A huge thank you to the first team players for taking time out of their busy training schedules to come and meet the people we support today and join in with their weekly activity sessions. These sessions held at Saints are so beneficial, allowing the attendees to build their… Read full this story
- Learning Disabilities - Effecting Children and Adults Alike
- Frugal Options For Learning Disability Screening
- The Learning Disability Question - What Are 3 Types of Learning Disabilities?
- Famous People Who Have Dyslexia - Are Learning Disabilities a Sign of Creativity?
- Using Sound Therapy For Learning Disabilities
- Substance Abuse and Learning Disabilities
- How Can Parents Help Children With Learning Disabilities?
- Dyslexia - One of the Most Common Learning Disabilities
- 5 Changes to the ADA to Benefit Your Child With ADHD Or a Learning Disability
- Children, Learning Disabilities and Vision
Saints stars lead session for people with learning disabilities have 296 words, post on www.sthelensreporter.co.uk at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.