Scorching France has issued red heatwave alerts for the first time ever as southern regions brace for 113F (45C) temperatures on Friday. The country’s national weather service upped the alert level from orange for the departments of Herault, Gard, Vaucluse and Bouches-du-Rhone warning ‘all members of the public should be concerned, even if they are in good health’. There were further warnings today that the ‘worst is still to come’ in France, with the Saharan Bubble set to come to the boil tomorrow. Meanwhile, farm animals have been roasted alive in Spain after ‘out of control’ wildfires ripped across parts of Catalonia, fanned by hot, powerful winds. Blazes have also broken out in Greece and Germany as Europe suffers through an ‘unprecedented’ spell of June heat. On Wednesday Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic recorded their highest-ever June temperatures. In Italy, two elderly men have died from heatstroke while seven cities have been put on red alert for extreme temperatures. Helicopters drop water over a fire during a forest fire near Bovera, west of Tarragona, Spain. Officials said today that the blaze, fanned by hot winds, is ‘out of control’ A forest fire in Spain raged out of control on Thursday… Read full this story
- Brexit is DONE! Britain FINALLY breaks free of EU rules - with Dover lying deserted on the stroke of 11pm amid warnings of queues and shortages ahead
- Family-of-four in Sydney test positive to a VERY contagious strain of Covid from South Africa - amid warnings UK variant that sent Queensland into lockdown could break out of Brisbane and spread
- 'The NHS is at risk being overwhelmed in the next 21 days': Chief medical officers warns of 'immense pressure' on medics as hospitalisations soar past their level at peak of first wave
- 2020 Worldwide Box Office Slumps 71% To $12.4B Amid Covid Impact: Strength Of International, Piracy Concerns & Hope Dominate 2021 Chatter – Global Studio Rankings Chart
- Covid will be around 'FOREVER' and Brits will need 'repeated vaccinations', warns SAGE scientist who says Boris being forced to impose another national lockdown is 'possible' but 'local ones are more likely'
- 100 Highly Anticipated Movies Coming Out in 2021
- Father shares image of his daughter, 5, in hospital with deadly Kawasaki disease and warns against reopening schools - but WHO chief scientist insists there's NO clear link between coronavirus and 'rare' syndrome
- China must come clean over Covid ‘leak’, MPs warn after US official claims ‘credible evidence’ it came from Wuhan lab
- One in FIFTY people now have COVID Boris reveals as UK records another 830 deaths and 60,916 cases - but PM says 1.3million have now been vaccinated and pledges UK CAN get jabs to most vulnerable by mid-February despite fears he is 'over-promising'
- Met office dubs Ciara 'storm of the century' as homes are evacuated, hotel collapses into raging flood waters and 93mph winds rip down cranes, windmills and even a pub
Saharan Bubble comes to the boil: France on 113F heatwave RED alert for first time ever amid warnings the 'worst is still to come', two die of heatstroke in Italy and animals are roasted alive in 'out of control' Spanish wildfires have 471 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.