0 Post a comment Monday, 17 June 2019 – Other Sports by Contributed Item – Contributed Item @twitter.com/gem_news [email protected] Rhoose Lifeguards recently hosted their annual ski race. This was the fortieth year running, making it the longest running ski race in the country. The race saw 25 paddlers from surrounding local clubs, battling it out to be crowned ‘champion’ of the various categories.Good weather and calm conditions led to a full course being set up with a loop between Rhoose beach and Aberthaw Power Station.There was some great paddling from all, especially in the men’s and double races, which were neck and neck right to the finishing line.A spokeswoman said: “Congratulations to all that took part and thanks to all those who helped to organise the event and provided the barbecue. Special thanks go to SLSA Wales IRB crew for providing safety cover.”The results were:Under 16 Boys: Drew Howells – Sker; Jai Gerrish – Rhoose; Fin Sullivan – Rhoose.Under 16 Girls: Evie Wong – Rhoose; Leonora Breheney – Sker; Ella Bulmar – Rhoose.Open Men: Jason Grice – Rhoose; Lloyd Rosewell – Penybont; Matt Rowlands – Llantwit Major.Open Ladies: Meg McCloy – Rest Bay.Masters Men: Sam McCloy – Rest Bay; Andrew… Read full this story
- A Ski Racing Experience - A Day in the Life of a Volunteer Weasel Worker
- Ski Racing in Whistler BC - Meet the Weasels
- Running in Races - Training to Be Your Best Involves Setting Goals
- Longest Running Off-Road Sport Utility Vehicle
- Bormio Ski Resort - Europe's Snowy Garden
- Ski Amongst the Rich and Famous
- Skiing Safety - How to Choose Sunglasses For Skiing
- Differences In Horse Racing Between Australia And The UK
- Horse Racing - Alive and Well!
- How to Start a Race & Running Etiquette Rules
Rhoose Lifeguards hosts longest running ski race in Wales have 289 words, post on www.llantwit-major-today.co.uk at June 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.