Hayley Tamaddon has hailed her ‘miracle baby’ after being told she would never be a mother and she is already planning to add more.
The 42-year-old soap star, known for her roles in Emmerdale and Coronation Street , has opened up about her pregnancy journey, which was one that she never believed she would have the chance to go on.
Speaking to Closer Magazine , Hayley revealed that she is ‘pinching herself every day’ as she makes plans for the arrival of a baby boy, along with her fiancé Adrian.
Pregnancy seems to be agreeing with Hayley if her baby bump photos are to go by, as she is positively glowing, with her son due in October.
For years Hayley was told that she couldn’t conceive, so has dubbed her unborn child her ‘miracle pregnancy’.
Hayley said: “The fact I'm 42 and having a baby is absolutely incredible. For so long I thought I couldn't have children, I’d tried over the years but it just never happened.
“Now that it has, everything feels natural and so right. We're expecting a boy which is amazing and I've never been happier."
Hayley had previously convinced herself that motherhood was out of her reach.
She continued: “I'm so maternal it's ridiculous, I have a natural mothering and bossy instinct. I always thought I'd be married by 30 and have my first child at 33 but life didn't work out that way.
“I've been in long-term relationships in the past [Hayley previously dated comedian Marcus Brigstocke for six years] and I expected kids would follow naturally but they never did."
Hayley revealed that she thought that her time would never come: ” You get to a point where you accept it. Years ago, I started having tests with a doctor to see if there was anything wrong but then my relationship ended so I didn’t look into it further.
“When I reached 40, I was single and thought well it’s never going to happen now. I threw myself into my career, turned my focus to work and I was happy.”
Hayley admitted that despite having a desire to become a mum, she never considered IVF or looking to adopt, as she wanted to ‘conceive naturally’ if she was going to have a child.
She said that it was a big shock when it was confirmed that she was actually pregnant.
Speaking about the labelling, she said: “I'm so far removed from a geriatric mother, I'm like a Duracell bunny because I don't stop.
“There are a lot of risks and precautions which I'm aware of but women have been giving birth at all ages for years. I'm not at all scared!”
So confident about the future is Hayley, she is already thinking about trying for a second child within the next couple of years.
Hayley said: “I've always said I only wanted one and I’m so over the moon, but I might try for a second in a couple of years.
“It's not on my agenda, but at least I know I can do it and that feels amazing!”
* The full interview appears in this week's Closer magazine, on sale now.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.
- Mum who refused to abort one of her miracle triplets gives birth to three babies
- Coronation Street star Jack P Shepherd ‘launching party planning business’ with co-stars Colson Smith and Alan Halsall
- These women are addicted to being pregnant… but have no desire to keep the babies
- Mum who kept pregnancy secret after losing 3 babies announced birth on WhatsApp
- Mum had no idea she was pregnant
- Teen didn't know she was pregnant until she was giving birth on kitchen floor
- How old is Holly Willoughby, who’s her husband Dan Baldwin and how many children does the This Morning host have?
- Who is Sharon Canu? Ashley Cole’s girlfriend who’s given birth to her second baby with Cheryl’s ex
- Girl, 3, kissed by Pope Francis makes miracle recovery from ‘terminal’ brain tumour after doctors told parents to plan her funeral
- Health chiefs urge pregnant women in Bedfordshire to get flu jab to protect their unborn children
- Mum gives birth to triplets in rare moment of joy after deadly earthquake
- Infertile cancer survivor's 'miracle baby'
- Parents' amazing stories of how 'miracle-workers' saved their babies
- Children born aboard floating hospital in quake aftermath
- Woman who went through menopause aged 11 defies doctors by giving birth
- My fiance cheated on me after I gave birth to our son – and I found out when I was pregnant with his second child
- Miracle girl born with tennis ball-sized tumour defies odds to start school
- Shock exit on the cards for one Slater as they plan to leave Walford
- Pregnant mums should eat this veg every day to help protect baby fromcancer
- Mum who died from brain tumour lived to see 'miracle' baby reach first birthday
Pregnant Hayley Tamaddon hails 'miracle' as she plans more children after birth have 899 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.