New information has been received by police investigating the disappearance of a Co Down man, the detective leading the murder probe said.
Detective Chief Inspector Pete Montgomery was speaking on Friday as an underwater search was carried out for 55-year-old William McCormick, known as Pat.
Mr McCormick was last seem in Comber at around 10.45pm on May 30.
CCTV footage showed him driving his black car on Castle Street before walking through an archway.
Police have said they believe he was murdered.
Detectives from the PSNI’s Major Investigation Team were this morning carrying out underwater searches at Castle Espie Wetlands.
Detective Chief Inspector Pete Montgomery said new information was given to police last night as they handed out leaflets and conducted a road stop in Comber to jog people’s memories of the night Mr McCormick disappeared.
He said: “I would like to thank the Comber community and the wider public for their support in this investigation and for providing valuable information. I continue to appeal to anyone with any information surrounding Pat’s disappearance to contact detectives at the incident room at Seapark on 101.”
Mr Montgomery said: “It is now two weeks’ on from Pat’s disappearance and his family remain absolutely devastated. They deserve to know what has happened to him and deserve to have his body back.”
Last week a man and a woman in their 20s were arrested on suspicion of Mr McCormick’s murder but later released on bail pending further enquiries.
Two other men arrested in connection with the investigation have also been released on bail.
- Police say car linked to Sarah Spiers in Claremont serial killer cold case murder probe
- Heartbreak as Danielle Jones' family told police have NOT found body of murdered 15-year-old schoolgirl at 'tip-off' location
- Chandrayaan-2: NASA's lunar probe to fly over Vikram lander on Tuesday, new information expected
- Car Burglaries: Fremont Police Receive $750,000 Grant
- First picture of young man found dead at home as woman held on murder probe
- Neighbours heard 'kiddies screaming' before man was found dead in murder probe
- Claudia Lawrence's mum blasts 'peanuts' given to police to solve 12 cold case murders
- Police launch murder probe after landlord dies following 'serious assault' outside pub
- Actress convicted of lying to police about ex-fiance's double murder pleads innocence in interrogation tapes
- Missing Madeleine McCann: Police hunt 'new suspect' after fresh clues emerge