A woman was frantically rushed to hospital after being hit by a car early this morning.
Police were alerted to the incident on Westwood Road at 4.15am.
The woman was taken to hospital and is being treated for her injuries.
Police have launched an investigation to try and fully discover what happened.
A police spokeswoman said: “Around 4.15am on Thursday, June 20, police received reports of a woman being struck by a car on Westwood Road, Wishaw.
“Emergency services attended and the woman was taken to hospital.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances surrounding the incident.”
- Feral Britain: Police launch probe after teenage yobs 'covered a disabled woman in flour and eggs before posing for this shocking photo and bragging about it on social media'
- A Russian professor was pulled from a river. Police said a woman's arms were found in his rucksack
- Police launch murder probe after landlord dies following 'serious assault' outside pub
- Couple found dead at house in Birmingham as murder cops launch probe
- Police launch a desperate hunt for the canister of Novichok that left a couple fighting for their lives
- Metropolitan Police face probe over disastrous VIP paedophile investigation after Carl Beech allegations
- Police drag 65-year-old woman from car at traffic stop: Video
- 'Significantly increased': CHP seeks help after nearly 40 projectiles hit cars
- Woman hanged herself in hospital as nurses 'played on phones' and 'browsed holidays'
- CCD founders suicide: Police to probe exact cause