A woman was frantically rushed to hospital after being hit by a car early this morning.
Police were alerted to the incident on Westwood Road at 4.15am.
The woman was taken to hospital and is being treated for her injuries.
Police have launched an investigation to try and fully discover what happened.
A police spokeswoman said: “Around 4.15am on Thursday, June 20, police received reports of a woman being struck by a car on Westwood Road, Wishaw.
“Emergency services attended and the woman was taken to hospital.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances surrounding the incident.”
- Woman hit daughter with car while leading police on chase
- Woman released from the hospital after Fillmore District shooting
- The Latest: Police: Shooting suspect hit woman, stole car
- The Latest: Woman found dead near hospital was not patient
- Woman Hit by MTA Bus While Crossing Street in Brooklyn Dies: NYPD
- Police: Man steals date's car, goes on another date
- Innocent bystander bitten by police dog after stolen bait car sparks overnight chase
- Police ID officer killed in car chase in Washington state
- Texas police officer kills woman while firing at loose dog
- Mother of slain teacher lashes out at police department probing her murder