Carla Bellucci told Schofield and co-presenter Holly Willoughby that she told surgeons she had experienced breathing problems and was feeling down due to the shape of her nose in order to convince them to perform the surgery.
She also claimed she had “flirted” with a GP in order to learn more about the criteria for receiving cosmetic surgery on the NHS and described the process as “a bit of banter.”
Schofield told Bellucci that she was likely to “get battered on social media” for her comments while Willoughby reminded her that This Morning has previously featured children who are unable to receive NHS funding for life-saving treatments.
“We’ve had parents of children who have sat on this sofa who can’t get the NHS to fund life-changing, life-saving drugs for them because it’s a system that’s so stretched,” she said.
As Bellucci described the process, Schofield couldn’t resist the chance to make a dig, telling her: “Your nose is still a bit off!”
Twitter users supported Schofield for his sly comment, with one fan even describing the moment as “the highlight of [their] morning.”
“@Schofe is #savage this morning ‘you are gonna get battered on social media’ ‘Your nose is still off’ he is right through,” one viewer wrote, while another added: “And it’s still not right!! @Schofe you’re a savage. Love it.”
“Good on him … he was probably as disgusted as the rest of us ! Gotta love @Schofe,” a third wrote.
“Loved @Schofe comment ‘its [sic] still a bit off’ during fraud womans [sic] nose job interview,” one incensed viewer weighed in. “Exactly my thoughts when she said she had a nose job. Get your money back love. Oh, hang on, you didn’t pay for it.”
During the interview, Willoughby read a statement from a spokesperson for the Royal Free London which described Bellucci’s claims as “categorically untrue.”
“Following an injury to her nose she had a procedure at Chase Farm Hospital for medical reasons and no cosmetic work was carried out,” it said.
This Morning airs weekdays on ITV from 10.30am.
- Phillip Schofield scolds Holly Willoughby and Dr. Leah Totton during boob debate
- Woman has her nose is transformed in 30 minutes thanks to ‘pain free’ procedure on This Morning
- Jodie Marsh shares sweet throwback picture of herself ‘pre-nose job’
- Charlotte Crosby takes a fresh swipe at Loose Women calling it ‘the worst day of my life’
- Philip Schofield stifles laughter on This Morning as mum, 44, insists she’s ‘too hot to find love’
- Thank God my parents no longer need the NHS as our health service is in crisis and leaves the old to die in corridors
- Woman horrifically scarred when her jealous friend threw acid over her in her SLEEP has life-changing op – and has now got married
- Woman accuses her best mate’s ex-husband of “betrayal” before completely letting rip in a brutally honest open letter
- Jeremy Kyle viewers slam woman for sleeping with seven men in 11 weeks while ‘on a break’ because she ‘wanted to be loved’
- If you mess up, you know what to do… own up – don’t go through life unable to take responsibility for your actions
- Who is Josie Cunningham, what did she look like before surgery and how did she irritate Ruth Langsford on This Morning?
- This Morning unveil Cilla Black’s new statue – and son Bobby Willis says she would have been delighted with it
- Poor Nicole Scherzinger, giving up Cats on Broadway for Matt Terry in Bromley
- BBC’s Paul Martin bags £150k to present the daytime snore-fest that is Flog It! That’s priceless
- Joey Essex reveals he has a MASSIVE crush on Bella Hadid – but can’t pronounce Gigi’s name
- Angry partners get the ultimate revenge on their love rat other halves by exposing their cheating ways on social media
- Miriam Margolyes gives Holly Willoughby the giggles as she gobbles an ice cream on the This Morning sofa
- Holly Willoughby fights back tears as she comforts stalking victim
- If only everyone was as tolerant in sport as Team LGBT… homophobia in football has to stop
- Amir Khan’s dad claims his daughter-in-law ‘doesn’t know fact from fiction’ after pregnant assault claims
Phillip Schofield takes swipe at woman who lied for NHS nose job have 721 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at June 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.