The transfer speculation suggesting Liverpool are in concrete talks with Lille over the transfer of Nicolas Pepe is “pure lies”.
Sporting director Michael Edwards personally reached out to Lille manager Christophe Galtier earlier this month to say that he did not know where these reports were coming from and that the Reds have zero interest in Pepe.
Liverpool have made it very clear that they will not be taking any interest in Pepe and feel that they are being used to escalate interest in the striker.
The versatile frontman emerged as one of Ligue 1’s finest attackers last term, notching 22 goals for Christophe Galtier’s side as they finished second to Paris Saint-Germain.
That tally was only bettered by Kylian Mbappe, who scored 33 times for the French champions, and Pepe has been linked to a host of top European clubs as a result of his fine form.
However claims of discussions with Liverpool for this player are totally untrue.
Must-read Liverpool FC stories from the past 24 hours
- Roma keeper Alisson flattered by Liverpool links
- Sources: Liverpool won't sell Mignolet for £8m
- How the murder trial of a gang enforcer linked to Steven Gerrard has unfolded
- Chief 'lied about fans forcing Hillsborough gate'
- Liverpool fan Sean Cox's attacker jailed
- Liverpool's new Royal hospital stands empty
- Liverpool FC fails in bid to trademark city's name
- Bigamist must pay after admitting 'lies'
- This is what it's like to have a lie detector test