Bob Nightengale USA TODAY Published 2:04 PM EDT Jun 27, 2019 LONDON — You can stroll over to Buckingham Palace, go up the 800-foot Shard or travel around town in the Tube but it’s almost impossible to know Major League Baseball is invading London this weekend. Dodging cars while realizing pedestrians don’t always have the right-of-way in London this week, loving the fact you can miss a subway train and the next one is just two minutes away, or that the escalators operate at the speed of sound, USA TODAY Sports looked feverishly for signs of any interest in baseball in London. There was little. A few New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox caps were spotted, and even a Cincinnati Reds T-shirt. But that’s it. Did anyone get the memo baseball’s fiercest rivalry between the Yankees and Red Sox would be played this weekend at London Stadium – the first MLB games played in Europe? The tabloids were filled with ridicule and sarcasm, ripping England for its 64-run loss to Australia in Cricket, praising England’s women’s soccer team for surviving their World Cup victory over Cameroon, and stories advancing the opening of Wimbledon next week. But there was no sign at all of… Read full this story
- Yankees defeat Red Sox in first MLB game in Europe
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry meet Yankees and Red Sox at first MLB game in London
- Johnny Damon Praises Red Sox, Thanks Team For Taking Care Of David Ortiz
- How the A’s fought back to host the wild-card game
- Do Or Die: Yankees Down 3-1 Against Houston Astros Heading Into Game 5
- SF Giants win World Series
- Report: Yankees Give Chapman Largest Contract Ever For Closer
- Chronicle’s 2019 MLB analysis and predictions: Where will Giants, A’s finish?
- MLB free agency: Homecomings for Stephen Strasburg, Gerrit Cole among best fits for all 30 teams
- Ten fun facts on the 10th anniversary of the biggest rout in MLB history
MLB London Series: Will Brits care about Yankees-Red Sox games? have 318 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.