It is 20 years since the first Daily Mirror Pride Of Britain Awards were held, and McFly’s Danny Jones says he is proud to be an ambassador for this year’s landmark anniversary event. “It is brilliant,” he says. “I’ve been doing this for a number of years now, presenting awards with McFly. I think the first time was around 2008 when The Who’s Roger Daltrey was there, but this year I am an ambassador for the awards as well. “I attended the Pride Of Manchester Awards last month and met the lovely Emma Harris. She bowled me over.” He laughs: “She was lifting me up and didn’t want to put me down and then she just held my hand. She is such a sweetheart, absolutely amazing.” Danny surprised the 15-year-old by presenting her with the Young Fundraiser Award. The enterprising teenager has raised more than £20,000 for the Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group by selling gingerbread “sock” biscuits. Emma was born with Down’s Syndrome and launched her fundraising efforts two years ago when she approached a bakery, with the help of her father Chris, to talk about producing the biscuits. “She brought me about 15 of her gingerbread sock biscuits,”… Read full this story
- 20 things to look forward to in 2020
- 5 smartphones we are looking forward to in 2020
- Reality match made in heaven! Bachelor in Paradise star Apollo Jackson and Love Island's Eden 'Mac' Mackney look forward to 2020 after a year filled with 'ups and downs'
- Rugby league player Danny Jones was the 'life and soul'
- Thousands pay tribute to rugby player Danny Jones
- Danny Jones' widow's 'legacy' heart scanning drive
- Mother of Britain's biggest family, 44, says 2019 was their 'hardest year' after both her father and her husband's mother died but says she is looking forward to welcoming their 22nd baby
- Players looking forward to the Boxing Day Test: Williamson
- Startup Saturday: Bye ’19, looking forward to a promising future
- Jasprit Bumrah Looking Forward To 2020 After "Making Memories" In 2019
McFly's Danny Jones looking forward Pride of Britain have 331 words, post on www.chroniclelive.co.uk at June 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.