A major stretch of the A38 is closed between Branston and Barton under Needwood after an accident involving a lorry and a cement mixer.
Traffic now queuing as far back as Burton on the northbound side of the carriageway, with both lanes having been shut to traffic.
Traffic and travel information service Inrix has reported the road is closed in the northbound direction between the Branston Interchange and Barton under Needwood.
A spokesman for West Midlands Ambulance Service said it was called at 10.24am and sent an ambulance and a paramedic officer.
The collision was originally believed to have involved a lorry and a car, but it later turned out to be a cement mixer.
See our live blog for all of the latest updates:
FIVE MILES of queues
Three people assessed by paramedics
A spokesman for West Midlands Ambulance Service said:
Three people have been assessed by paramedics following an accident involving a lorry and cement mixer.
One person, a woman, has minor injuries.
- Family of 5 pinned inside car crushed by cement mixer truck
- Registered owner responsible for road accidents involving his car
- The mixer wars
- Here’s what it’s like inside the bunkers Ukrainian troops are living in every day
- Germany bus accident leaves up to 18 feared dead
- Preventing oil transport accidents
- Deadly Crash Involving Five Bikes And A Car Leaves Three Teens Dead And Two Critical
- Google quietly stopped publishing monthly accident reports for its self driving cars
- 21 people die in Skyway accident
- PH road conditions put kids’ lives at risk