Laura Norton discusses her Emmerdale character Kerry
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Laura Norton is an English actress who is known for having starred in Emmerdale since 2012. In the last few years, fans have noticed her incredible weight loss transformation which helped her lose 3st. The soap star revealed it was one particularly unhealthy habit making her pile on the pounds. Liquid calories are often forgotten about but Laura cut out fizzy drinks after realising they were causing her to gain weight.
I cut the Coca-Cola out and started to notice the difference and then just decided to keep it up.
The star had a particularly bad habit which saw her drink up to two litres of Coca-Cola each day.
She revealed it was something she had been doing since her teenage years and she was unaware just how unhealthy it made her.
Speaking to The Mirror, Laura said: "At its worse, I used to drink two-litre bottles of Coke a day.
"I know now how much sugar is in it."
With roughly 10.6 grams of sugar in 100ml of Coca-Cola, Laura was chugging back an extra 212 grams of sugar each day.
Laura Norton weight loss: The soap star revealed it was one unhealthy habit making her gain weight (Image: GETTY)
Laura decided to make a change to her diet when she asked her dad to pick her up some of the drink from the shop and he refused.
"I think he just thought it had gone too far," she added.
"It was so much caffeine, so much sugar. You get a bit older and weight is harder to lose.
"Then I cut the Coca-Cola out and started to notice the difference and then just decided to keep it up."
After cutting the drink from her diet, the weight started to fall off and she combined this with a healthy and active lifestyle.
Laura Norton weight loss: The star would drink up to two litres of Coca-Cola each day (Image: GETTY)
Laura Norton weight loss: Since cutting out fizzy drinks, the actress lost 3st (Image: GETTY)
The Emmerdale actress said she would work out four times a week and followed fitness stars on social media for inspiration.
She put her weight loss down to a gruelling filming schedule and tackling hard hitting story lines.
Another soap star, Emmerdale's Claire King, revealed she lost 10lb by following a particular diet.
She slimmed down by cutting out certain foods and following the intermittent fasting plan, the 5:2 diet.
- Aspiring model shares his five stone weight loss on Instagram… and fans compare him to a ‘Disney prince’
- Emmerdale cast want to get kidnap storyline ‘so right’
- How old is Lisa Riley, what diet has she been on, how much weight has she lost and what has she said about gastric bands?
- Emmerdale fans spot TWO major blunders as Tracy Metcalfe reveals she is pregnant
- Emmerdale spoilers: Tracy left devastated after awkward run-in with ex David and his new girlfriend at the Woolpack
- Mr Olympia runner-up reveals five exercises to get you ripped this summer
- Love Island viewers convinced Josh and Wes are trying to split the other couples up in a bid to win the show
- When is Your Face or Mine on Comedy Central tonight, who’s on the show and who are hosts Katherine Ryan and Jimmy Carr?
- Who is Samantha Renke, what is Osteogenesis Imperfecta and when did the disability campaigner star in a Maltesers ad?
- Goldie and Gladiator Rhino attend hot ‘yoga for gangsters’ class called YOGANGSTER in London
- Who are Boy George’s mum Dinah and dad Jerry, are they both Irish and where did the singer grow up?
- Michelle Keegan rocks double denim as she arrives at BBC studios in Manchester
- Hollywood actress and Scientologist Kirstie Alley to star on Celebrity Big Brother in biggest signing yet
- Plan B looks unrecognisable on the cover of his comeback single
- Dee-Ann Kentish-Rogers wanted to be in Team GB — but finds being the first black Miss GB much better
Laura Norton weight loss: Emmerdale’s Kerry Wyatt lost 3st by ditching this one thing have 806 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.