Jansin Turgut will be flying home tomorrow by air ambulance to continue his remarkable recovery in Hull, his family have announced.
The former Hull FC player suffered a horrific catalogue of injuries with surgeons spending hours to address severe fractures all over Turgut’s body.
Now, after almost three weeks in a hospital abroad, his mum Carole Butler has revealed her son will be flying back to Hull on June 10 to continue treatment.
She said: “The latest is he is awake and trying to communicate. He’s very quiet today. He still has a temp but they are giving him antibiotics and meds to bring that down.
“He has shown his sense of humour a couple of times. He has had no sedatives for 36 hours so he is relaxed on his own.
“His dad has flown home this morning. We will be flying home by air ambulance tomorrow where he will be admitted into intensive care again.”
A recent CT scan returned all clear with no signs of brain damage and the heart, liver and kidney of the former Sirius Academy pupil were functioning on their own.
Since then, Carole posted an update on Twitter saying Saturday was a “happy day” as her son was breathing unaided, began a communication process, and even danced to the local radio.
She said: “Throughout the day he was in and out of high temperatures, shaking, sweating, but it was still a good day.
“At one point I asked if he wanted music on. He gave me this yes sign. Local radio was the best option on my phone I’m afraid.
“The tune starts and he was lifting his shoulders in time to the music, a whole new version of bed dancing. He is so funny.”
Jansin Turgut latest
Turgut has now been given the all clear from doctors to fly back home where he will be placed into the intensive care unit at Hull Royal Infirmary.
Carole added: “Three weeks ago I made a promise to my boy that I would not leave this island without him no matter what.
“Tomorrow son, I’m taking you home.”
Follow Hull Live
Our daily newsletter – To get the latest headlines direct to your email inbox every day, click here .
Follow Hull Live on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Hull Live on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram – On the Hull Live Instagram page we share gorgeous pictures of our stunning city – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow Hull Live on Instagram .
- Brit revellers flying to and from Ibiza airport face travel chaos as security staff go on strike
- Brit tourist claims he flew home from Ibiza on his mate’s passport and authorities failed to spot the blunder
- Chaos at Ibiza Airport with Brits warned over ‘disgusting’ overflowing bins and filthy toilets after cleaners go on strike
- Power out at Ibiza airport amid reports of a fire as Brits and other holiday makers evacuated
- British woman, 21, suffers ‘traumatic brain injury’ in Ibiza after falling 30 feet from a building
- Emotional scenes in Cork Airport as Irish people come home for Christmas
- Amir Khan’s wife Faryal Makhdoom tells his feuding family ‘I don’t give a s***’ as she brags ‘he comes home to me’
- Sir Mo Farah says Trump’s ‘Muslim ban’ means he ‘will have to tell my children that Daddy might not be able to come home’
- Heartbroken husband of missing Cork woman who vanished three months ago urges wife to come home to his open arms
- Search for missing Jade Honour, 23, who vanished last week – as her desperate mum pleads on Facebook for her daughter to come home