Peter Bergen is CNN’s national security analyst, a vice president at New America and a professor of practice at Arizona State University. He is the author of “United States of Jihad: Investigating America’s Homegrown Terrorists.” The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion articles at CNN. This article has been updated to reflect the latest news. (CNN)The shooting down of a US military drone by Iran on Thursday emphasizes that the conflict between the United States and Iran is deepening. It’s a crisis that President Donald Trump predictably provoked by pulling out of the Iranian nuclear deal just over a year ago — with no real Plan B beyond imposing ever-tougher sanctions on the Iranian regime. But the story gets more complicated, because in the last few weeks, Trump has sent mixed messages regarding his true intentions. Last week, he said he wanted to talk to the Iranians (which they have rejected). Yet, in contrast, in May, Trump tweeted that a war with Iran would be “the official end of Iran.” And after the US drone was shot down on Thursday, he tweeted, “Iran made a very big mistake!” On Thursday, Trump approved strikes against Iranian… Read full this story
- iGoogle Showcase and Donald Trump - Adding Donald Trump to Your iGoogle Home Page
- Donald Trump’s Lawyers Support Obama’s DACA Work Permits for Illegals
- Network Marketing Training - How to Create an Online Real Estate Portfolio Like Donald Trump
- Congress struggles to counter Donald Trump on Syria
- Solutions in Todays Market - Dr. Phil, Langemeier, Kiyosaki and Donald Trump
- Putin’s Syria Gambit Delivers Again as Trump Sidelines U.S.
- Halkbank: US-Justiz klagt türkische Bank wegen Umgehung von Iran-Sanktionen an
- Trump sanctions fail to slow Turkey’s operation in Syria
- Ex US Ambassador to Ukraine Tells House Impeachment Investigators Trump Dumped Her Based on ‘False Claims’
- Art Spiegelman Withdrew His Introduction to a Marvel Comics Collection After Publisher Tried to Remove His Anti-Trump Comments
How Donald Trump created one hell of a mess with Iran have 327 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.