Grantham Town have this week added another new name to the forthcoming season’s team roster.
The latest player to join for the 2019/20 season is midfielder James Berrett, from Halifax Town.
The midfielder made 24 appearances for the Vanarama National League side last season, after joining the Shaymen from Grimsby Town.
Berrett has made more than 300 Football League appearances, after starting his career at Huddersfield Town before moving to Carlisle United, Yeovil Town, York City and Grimsby Town. He has also represented the Republic of Ireland at under-19, 20 and 21 levels
Gingerbreads joint manager Paul Rawden was excited to finally get Berrett to the club and, crucially, before yesterday’s start to pre-season training.
Rawden said: “We’ve been talking since he was released from Halifax; we’ve had to be patient as we know the standard of the player he is. With pre-season training, we were really keen to get it all tied up before then.”
Berrett said he was relishing the challenge ahead of him. He said: “The league is really competitive and I’ve seen who we’ve brought in. Those players have got experience at this level and above.
“We’ll get into pre-season as a group and set our standards early”.
Regarding pre-season, the Gingerbreads have announced their admission prices for friendly matches.
Paid up 2019/20 season ticket holders will get free entry to home friendlies if they bring a friend along. The friend will also benefit from free entry.
The fixture against Nuneaton Borough on Saturday, July 27, has been made a ‘Pay What You Think’ match.
For all other home friendly fixtures, the admission has been set at £5 adults, £3 concessions, £2 15 to 18-year-olds, with under-15s free.
Gingerbreads chairman Nigel Wedgwood explained: “We wanted to give our season ticket holders something back; they can come and enjoy pre-season with a friend for nothing.
“Pre-season should be cheaper, as much as we expect the games to be competitive, both sides will be trying new things; players will be learning how their new team mates-play as well as the trialling of new players.
“It’s an exciting time at the club. Paul and Russ [Cousins] have brought in players who are experienced at this level; they’re ready to put a in a shift for the black and white shirt.”
The first home pre-season fixture is against Grimsby Town on Tuesday, July 9.
- Memphis 901 FC adds goalkeeper, midfielder to inaugural roster
- Man Utd news: Philippe Coutinho makes transfer admission to team-mates over Barcelona exit
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals Ed Woodward plan for director of football
- Tigers make first roster cuts of spring
- Man Utd chief Ed Woodward changes mind on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer announcement - new twist
- Man Utd boss Solskjaer sends transfer message to Pogba and Rashford as Barcelona circle
- Lansing Ignite: Latest roster signings, season ticket update, open tryout and more
- FC Cincinnati acquires C.S. Herediano midfielder Allan Cruz
- Releaguing has changed the level of playing fields for area boys soccer teams
- Galaxy sign midfielder Joe Corona and defender Diedie Traore
- Tough cuts? Important salary, roster decisions loom for Lions
- Bayside South Hoops: Who's the best boys team heading into the season?
- Calum Chambers interview: Fulham midfield role will help progress
- Angels finish spring training with a few roster decisions to make
- No storybook finish to season for Eli Manning and NY Giants, and now an uncertain future
- New York sports: When will the pro teams break their championship droughts?
- El Paso Locomotive add Mexican soccer player on loan, sign El Paso tryout
- Couch: As another 5-star center snubs MSU, the focus is the big men already on the roster
- 2019 Wylie boys soccer season preview: Top teams dot district schedule
- Insider: Chris Ballard's goal? Build Andrew Luck's Colts into a team like Peyton Manning's
Gingerbreads add experienced midfield man to team roster have 613 words, post on www.granthamjournal.co.uk at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.