Geri Horner has issued an on-stage apology to her fellow Spice Girls for ‘leaving the band’ over 20 years previously.
The Spice Girls closed their UK tour with a sold-out three-night run at Wembley Stadium and Geri was feeling reflective after joining Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Melanie Chisholm for their long-awaited reunion.
Geri, who was known as Ginger Spice in the height of their fame, apologised to her bandmates for leaving the Spice Girls in 1998, two years before the rest of the group went on hiatus.
Between songs, she said: “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I left. I was just being a brat.
“I want to say it’s just so good to be back with the girls that I love.”
At the time, Geri announced that differences with her band mates was the reasons why she quit, announcing her feelings in a statement.
It read: “This is a message to the fans. Sadly, I would like to confirm that I have left the Spice Girls.
“This is because of differences between us, I am sure the group will continue to be successful and I wish them all the best.
“I have no immediate plans. I wish to apologise to all of the fans and to thank them and everyone who has been there.”
Time has healed the rifts and following the final show of the tour, an emotional Horner posted a video in which she thanked everyone involved in the tour.
“So we’re done. It’s done,” she said.
“Thirteen stadiums, Almost 700,000 people with three amazing women I’ve shared that stage with.
“I want to say thank you to Melanie, Melanie and Emma and everybody who showed up for us. It has been something that I will never ever forget. Thank you so much. Big love from the Spice World.”
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.
Showbiz editor’s picks
- Geri Horner discusses nerves over Spice Girls' reunion
- Geri Horner just revealed the Spice Girls lyric we’ve all been singing WRONG for the past decade
- Emma Bunton felt 'angry' at Geri Horner for quitting the Spice Girls
- Geri Horner belts out a Spice Girls classic while working up a sweat
- Geri Horner shares snap from Spice Girls’ first ever photoshoot
- Geri Horner warms up her Spice Girls vocal chords as she works out
- Geri Horner can't believe Spice Girls reunion is actually happening
- Geri Horner only interested in Spice Girls reunion if everyone is in
- Victoria Beckham backtracks and hints she WILL appear on stage during Spice Girls tour