Racegoers and fashionistas descended on Ascot for arguably the biggest day of the races, Ladies’ Day. The term Ladies’ Day appears to have been first used in 1823, when an unknown poet described the Thursday as “Ladies’ Day, when the women, like angels, look sweetly divine.” Back then, Thursday at Royal Ascot attracted the biggest crowds, and that continues almost 200 years on. The biggest race of the day was the Gold Cup. Read More Royal Ascot 2019 Below, you can look back at all the updates from the day, including the best fashion, results from the racecourse, weather updates and more. If you’ve missed anything over the last two days, you can always relive all the action from Tuesday, June 18 and Wednesday, June 19. If you are going to the races, be sure to read up on the strict dress code or our beginner’s guide to horse racing. You can also check the Royal Ascot weather forecast here. For the latest news, photos and tips head to our dedicated Royal Ascot page. Read More Royal Ascot day one and two Key Events The King George V Stakes winners 17:42 The Britannia Stakes winners 17:09 Winners of £500,000 Gold Cup race 16:26 The Ribblesdale… Read full this story
- Sheer delight! Shane Warne's ex-wife Simone Callahan flashes her black bra in a see-through blouse at the Mercedes-Benz Ladies Day luncheon in Melbourne
- Newlywed Lady Gabriella Windsor is pretty in pink as she arrives for Ascot's Ladies Day - and she's wearing Kurt Geiger shoes!
- Barbies at the beach and A LOT of bikini selfies: Australia Day gets into full swing as Aussies take to social media to show how they are celebrating the holiday
- India vs Bangladesh, 1st T20I: Dube receives debut T20I cap from Rohit as the match gets underway despite poor AQI
- Lady Broncos get revenge, playoff berth with 3-0 win over Vidor
- Pilgrimage season gets underway in Europe
- Agri expo gets underway at VIT
- Karnataka Assembly gets underway; Oppn corners govt on flood relief
- India vs Bangladesh, 1st T20I: Auditions For ICC T20 World Cup Get Underway in Smog-Choked Delhi
- Work on Incheon's 2nd Terminal Gets Underway
Fabulous hats on show as Ladies' Day gets underway have 356 words, post on www.getreading.co.uk at June 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.