Police involved in the search for missing Emma Faulds have found human remains.
Cops confirmed today that those involved in the search for the missing Kilmarnock woman have found remains in the Galloway Forest, Dumfries and Galloway.
Emma, 39, hasn’t been seen since Sunday, April 28, and forensic experts have been combing rural land in South Ayrshire near to the A714.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “On Wednesday, June 12, human remains were discovered in the Galloway Forest, Dumfries and Galloway.
“The family of Emma Faulds has been made aware.
“Enquiries are ongoing.”
Emma Faulds search
A man has twice appeared in court charged with the murder of Emma.
Ross Willox, 40, appearing in private at Ayr Sheriff Court, is also charged with attempting to defeat the ends of justice.
Willox, of Monkton, South Ayrshire has made no plea and has been remanded in custody.
Police made a number of appeals to the public in the search for Emma’s body and even brought in a spy plane to scour lochs and forest.
At the end of May, a twin-engined Piper PA-31 Navajo aircraft from the south of England was spotted over the B7027 between Barrhill and Newton Stewart.
It appeared to focus on several areas of water, including the Maberry and Ochiltree lochs.
A source said the aircraft was sent in after a police chopper surveyed the vast site and mapped out spots of significance.
Detective Chief Inspector Martin Fergus also appealed for dash cam footage from the public and wanted to hear from anyone who had seen a Mercedes or Jaguar motor car parked up on the A714, or off-road at the time of Emma’s disappearance.
Top news stories today
- Emma Faulds cops interested in sightings of Jaguar and Mercedes
- Emma Faulds cops find human remains
- Body found in forest during search for missing Emma Faulds
- Movements of two cars central to Emma Faulds probe, say police
- Man back in court on Emma Faulds murder charge
- When is The Forest on BBC Two and where is the Galloway Forest Park? Mark Bonnar narrates new series
- Plastic bags filled with human remains found outside Bronx park
- Human remains found almost every day in search linked to Toronto serial killer suspect
- Skeletal remains found in park where Little Rock teen vanished in 2015