Duterte to name Cebu City police chief Garma as PCSO head Alexis Romero (Philstar.com) – June 24, 2019 – 8:50pm MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte is set to appoint the chief of Cebu City police as general manager of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office. Duterte confirmed on Monday that he would name Police Colonel Royina Garma, Cebu City Police Office director, as PCSO general manager in the place of Alexander Balutan who resigned last March. “She (Garma) is a woman, an Ilocana…Balutan has been out. Garma will succeed her,” Duterte told reporters during the premiere night of “Kontradiksyon” at SM Megamall. Last March, Balutan, a retired military general, said he resigned because he was asked to do something he could not stomach. He did not elaborate. Garma is expected to retire from the service on June 30. FROM THE FREEMAN: Garma named new PCSO head? Duterte’s announcement comes within days of talk in Cebu City that Garma would be named to head the PCSO, although the city police chief said then that she had not received any appointment papers yet. According to the The Freeman in Cebu, Garma was the first female police officer to hold the position of CCPO… Read full this story
- Houston, Salt Lake City police chiefs wager steak dinner over Rockets-Jazz series
- Police Chief Jane Castor set to retire after more than 30 years with Tampa Police Department
- Former QC POLICE chief is new Calabarzon regional director
- These Women Say the New York City Police Department Is Failing Rape Victims
- Former Mumbai Police chief Arup Patnaik joins BJD
- New QC police chief vows enhanced crime monitoring
- Could female police chief replace David Rausch?
- Former Olmsted Falls Police Chief Traine sues city for wrongful termination
- Trump nominates Manchester Police Chief Nick Willard to be next U.S. Marshal
- Manchester Police chief revisiting drug education program in schools
Duterte to name Cebu City police chief Garma as PCSO head have 299 words, post on www.philstar.com at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.