A motorist was caught driving well over 100mph with children in the car on the M180 this afternoon – and they didn’t have a great excuse.
The car, believed to be a BMW, was clocked doing an average speed of 116mph in the outside lane near Scunthorpe at around 12.50pm – almost 50mph over the limit.
After being stopped by Humberside Police, the driver told unimpressed officers that they were “late for a party”.
On Twitter, Humber Roads Police said: “No excuses for this speed. In addition to the speed there were children in the vehicle.
“Reason for the speeding was late for a party!”
The driver has been “reported to the courts”.
Sunday’s Top Stories
Follow or contact Grimsby Live
Contact us : Email the reporter who wrote this story .
Follow Grimsby Live on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it or message us with a comment or story
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Grimsby Live on Twitter .
Follow us on Instagram – On the Grimsby Live Instagram page we like to feature great pictures from our area – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! Click here to follow Grimsby Live on Instagram .
- Humberside police warn drivers about 'car crash scam'
- Driver caught doing paperwork at the wheel while on motorway
- First Time Car Buyer - Do your Homework before applying for an Auto Loan
- Motorist caught doing 85mph
- R-plate driver caught doing 96mph
- ‘R’ driver caught doing 81mph
- A Courier Driver Buying Car Insurance
- Driver of car rammed by police in Grimsby's Riverhead charged
- Police mock driver after car crashes into bushes in Bransholme
- Lucky escape for driver after car flips in crash