Beth Chapman is ‘not expected to recover’ after being placed in a medically-induced coma, according to TMZ.
The beloved wife of Dog The Bounty Hunter is battling stage four lung cancer and was hospitalised on Saturday after experiencing breathing difficulties.
Beth’s mother, children and grandchildren have gathered by her bedside at Queen’s Medical Centre in Hawaii, say sources who say ‘not a lot can be done.’
Earlier today, Dog posted a picture of Beth’s hand as she lay in her hospital bed with freshly painted nails.
“You all know how she is about HER NAILS!!” he wrote.
Beth was diagnosed with cancer in 2017 and her health deteriorated last November.
She previously told fans: “Chemotherapy is not my bag, people. Sorry, that’s not for me. So for me, this is the ultimate test of faith. This is my ultimate lesson.”
After she was placed into a coma last weekend, ‘Dog’ Duane Chapman urged fans: “Please say your prayers for Beth right now thank you love you”.
In a statement to Hawaii News Now the family said: “We humbly ask everyone to please pray for Beth.”
The family also sent their “sincere thanks to everyone for their prayers throughout Beth’s battle with cancer.”
Back in January Dog The Bounty Hunter has revealed the devastating news that Beth ‘s cancer has returned and this time it is ‘incurable’.
The TV star spoke of his heartbreak at hearing the news that the cancer has now spread to Beth’s lungs but said she is determined to ‘fight every step of the way’.
Dad Dog, real name Duane Chapman, told InTouch Weekly : “I have to keep faith, I am the leader of the family.
“[Beth] thinks she is, but I am. I have to keep it where I don’t have any doubts and keep everything positive. I love my honey so much, I don’t know what I’m gonna do,” he added.
The couple have been together for 30 years and married for the last 12.
Dog, 65, said he’s been praying for his sick wife every day but admitted: “I cry all the time.”
“I think I’m in a bad dream and I need to wake up. People keep saying to me, “Dog, are you OK? But I’m not the one who’s sick.”
“I am going to be right here with her,” he vowed.
The couple first met in the 1990s and dated on and off for years before getting married in 2006.
They shot to fame in 2004 appearing on US reality series Dog The Bounty Hunter before landing spin off show Dog and Beth: On the Hunt.
They share two children together Bonnie and Garry and Dog has several other children from previous relationships.
Showbiz editor’s picks
- Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife tips Hawaii cops off about stepdaughter's alleged ties to bank robbery
- Bounty hunter ‘Dog’ Chapman, set to film ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ in England, denied UK visa because of murder conviction
- ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’ canceled after 8 seasons
- Former 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' cast member sues stars, A&E over low pay
- Who’ll win this fight: Christie vs. Dog the Bounty Hunter
- Dog the Bounty Hunter says El Chapo ‘is out of my league’
- Dog the Bounty Hunter vows to track down wanted MMA fighter Jon Koppenhaver
- Bounty hunter who targeted Phoenix police chief in botched raid says charges unfair
- Fort Collins bounty hunter shooting raises questions
- Update: Police arrest pair shot by bounty hunter