The number of Democrats lining up to try to take on President Donald Trump as he seeks re-election is growing by the week. So who’s running and what are their strengths and weaknesses?This field of candidates promises to be the most diverse yet. It already has the most women running in US history.The BBC’s Anthony Zurcher casts his eye over all 23 of them.Joe BidenWho? Former vice-president and veteran senatorKey issues: Rebuilding the middle class; investing in federal infrastructure; tuition-free public universitiesOne policy: Similar to the Green New Deal, Biden’s Clean Energy Revolution would make the US economy 100% clean energy based with net-zero emissions by 2050, as well as target polluters with fees and quotasAnthony’s take: Joe Biden enters the Democratic presidential contest as a front-runner, if not the front-runner. He has near universal name recognition, high approval ratings within the party and among political independents, a close connection to the halcyon days (at least, for Democrats) of the Obama presidency, and the potential to raise vast amounts of campaign money through traditional Democratic donor networks.Of course, so did Hillary Clinton in 2015 – and we all know how that turned out.Like the former secretary of state, Mr Biden… Read full this story
- Trump signals alarm as Democrats' public impeachment push accelerates
- George Soros Names ‘Most Qualified’ Democrat to Run for White House
- Immigration, Trade War with China, Cure for Cancer: Key Takeaways From Trump's 2020 Reelection Rally
- Puerto Ricans want to boost their political voice in Florida. Can this help Democrats?
- The NHS calls for an extra £8bn by 2020 in order to safeguard its services
- Democrats prep for open hearings, seek Bolton testimony
- How to watch the fourth Democratic primary debate if you missed it live
- Elijah Cummings, leading Democrat and Trump foe, has died
- 2020 Watch: The questions that will define the week ahead
- Wave of GOP retirements threatens 2020 comeback
Democrats 2020: What their key issues are have 316 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.