0 Post a comment Monday, 3 June 2019 – Law A blackmailer jailed for extortion in the United States hid funds he held in the Isle of Man, a court has heard. William Troper was jailed for 20 months by a court in New York in October 2009 after pleading guilty to an offence of ’mailing threatening communications’.Troper defrauded no fewer than 11,892 victims across the United States by tricking them into believing they had written bad cheques or owed money, and inducing them to pay money to a purported collection agency to stave off threatened criminal prosecution.After hundreds of victims complained, an investigation was carried out by the US Postal Inspection Service and Troper was arrested in December 2008.District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan didn’t fine him after the defendant’s attorney claimed his client had few assets. Instead, the judge ordered him to pay restitution to his victims totalling $950,000, to be paid in monthly instalments.But Troper only made three payments towards his restitution order, totalling $204,025, leaving a balance outstanding of $745,975.In August 2016, the US Department of Justice contacted the Manx authorities seeking help in enforcing the restitution order by permitting repatriation of Troper’s funds held in the… Read full this story
- Structured Settlement; Lawyers in NY and Mutual Funds
- Rhode Island DUI - DWI Law - Should I Refuse The Breathalyzer?
- Rhode Island DUI Attorney
- Long Island Unified School District's Foundation for the Advancement of Student Technology
- Amorgos Island Real Estate in Amorgos Greece-Houses Villas Hotels For Sale in Amorgos Island
- Hilton Head Island Activities And Fun In Off - Season
- Hedge Fund Regulations Guide 101
- What Is A Hedge Fund
- Rhode Island (RI) Real Estate Law - Closings And Title Attorneys - Lawyers
- Hedge Fund 101 - Make Money with Hedge Funds
Convicted blackmailer hid funds in the island have 291 words, post on www.iomtoday.co.im at June 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.