Swansea City have been linked with a move for Chelsea youngster Reece James.
The 19-year-old is currently recovering from an ankle injury he suffered while playing for England’s Under-20s during the Toulon Tournament earlier this month.
But the Mail claim Steve Cooper is eager to take the Chelsea man to the Liberty Stadium this summer.
A versatile right-back, James can also operate in a defensive midfield role similarly to that of Matt Grimes, the man who won Swansea City’s Player of the Season award last term.
The Englishman impressed during a season-long loan stint with Championship side Wigan last term, making 46 appearances for the Latics in all competitions, scoring three goals.
He was part of the Chelsea Under-18 side that secured the treble during the 2016/17 campaign and featured for England as they won the 2017 Toulon Tournament, going on to be named in the team of the competition.
He captain the Blues’ Under-18s to FA Youth Cup glory in the 2017/18 campaign and won the club’s Academy Player of the Season gong before signing a four-year deal with the Stamford Bridge outfit last summer.
It’s claimed a host of Premier League clubs are also tracking James’ progress.
- Swansea City breaking news RECAP
- Swansea City vs Man City press conference LIVE
- Who is Swansea City's new signing Yan Dhanda?
- How Swansea City's rivals are faring in the transfer market
- Who is Swansea City youngster Yan Dhanda?
- Swans digest: Chelsea starlet linked as Oliveira rumours resurface
- Swansea City digest: Stance on Chelsea's Kyle Scott revealed
- Steve Cooper: Swansea City's new boss ticks all the right boxes
- Swans hope to sign two Chelsea youngsters