A burglar has caused damage to a youth football team’s clubhouse – to steal snacks and drinks.
Kidsgrove Athletic Youth Development Football Club’s clubhouse was targeted overnight between Saturday night (June 15) and Sunday (June 16).
The club said the culprit had stolen chocolate bars, sausages, bacon, crisps and cans of coke – ripping the kitchen of the site apart in the process and seriously damaging the doors to the kitchen and the changing room.
In a statement this afternoon the club said: “The damage caused to the property costs loads more than the few chocolate bars and other bits of stuff that he got away with.
“Our club is run by very kind volunteers to keep the cost down for kids to enjoy a game of football.
“Staffordshire Police have been to the scene.
“Now for us to get these repairs done at a cost to our club.”
Anyone with information should contact Staffordshire Police on 101.
Top stories on StokeonTrentLive
Follow StokeonTrentLive on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow SOTLive on Twitter .
Follow us on Instagram – Featuring pictures past and present from across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire & South Cheshire – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow StokeonTrentLive on Instagram .
- Chef Jamie Oliver’s London Home Burglarized
- Burglar Jorrell Jerome Byram, who raided doctor's home in Scarborough, is jailed
- Paris Hilton's home burglarized
- Golden State Killer trial to be held in Northern California
- Stahl has $100,000 burglary at NYC apartment
- [Bonus Round] Hooky Crook, Animus
- Most of Arlington couple's $30k in belongings stolen have been recovered
- Cybersecurity expert gives tips on how to stay safe online
- New, Free Songs Heading to Beat Saber this Week!