Belgian counter-terror police have arrested a man suspected of plotting an attack against the US embassy in Brussels, federal prosecutors said Monday. The police on Saturday arrested the man following “converging signs raising fears of an attack against the US embassy,” the prosecutor’s office said. “The suspect has been detained for an alleged attempted attack within a terrorist context and preparation of a terrorist offence,” it said in a statement. The man identified only as M.G. appeared Monday morning before an investigating judge who ordered him held, it added. The suspect denies any involvement in the alleged plot. A source close to the investigation told AFP the suspect is a Belgian man around 40 years old and a convert to Islam who had “raised suspicion because of his behaviour”. He had been seen “scouting” the embassy area before he was arrested, the source added, speaking on condition of anonymity. The source declined to say whether the suspect fit the profile of a jihadist. A spokesman for the US embassy said, “We have no comment at this time.” Jihadists have staged a number of attacks in Brussels, which hosts the headquarters of the European Union and NATO. The worst was on… Read full this story
- Terror threat to India rising again six years after Mumbai attacks
- Brush Fires; Man Run Over: Encinitas, SD County Police Log
- FBI arrests Anonymous and LulzSec suspects
- Christchurch shootings: 49 dead in New Zealand mosque attacks
- Domestic Intel Officer Arrested for Plotting Islamic Terror Attack on Germany’s FBI
- “LulzSec suspect” arrested in Scotland Yard, FBI swoop
- New Zealand mosque shooting: What is known about the suspect?
- Blaster Variant Suspect Arrested
- Suspected PSN hacker accomplice hit with house arrest, probation
- UK Police Lock Up Trojan Computer Virus Suspects
Belgium arrests man suspected of plotting attack on US embassy have 285 words, post on en.rfi.fr at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.