As part of the 43rd session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, the 3rd World Heritage Site Managers’ Forum has kicked off at Baku Convention Center, AZERTAC reports. The event is co-organized by Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture, the UNESCO World Heritage Center, the International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM), the Icherisheher State Historical-Architectural Reserve and the State Service of Cultural Heritage Conservation, Development and Rehabilitation under the Ministry of Culture. In his opening remarks, Minister of Culture Abulfas Garayev described the fact that the authoritative international organizations host their events in Azerbaijan as manifestation of the country’s influence. He emphasized President Ilham Aliyev’s and First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva’s irreplaceable contributions to the development and strengthening of the Azerbaijan-UNESCO relations. The Forum agenda includes the aims and objectives of the Site Managers Forum within the scope of World Heritage and Capacity Building, keynote presentation on cultural landscapes and integrated conservation and other topics. As part of the Forum, the participants will also familiarize themselves with Icherisheher State Historical-Architectural Reserve and Gobustan Rock Art Cultural Landscape. The 1st and 2nd editions of the Site Managers’ Forum took place in Poland (Krakow, 2017) and Bahrain… Read full this story
- Why Women Can't Visit the Secretive Japanese Island Listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site
- Rio Tinto blast destroys 46,000-year-old Aboriginal heritage site
- Unrest After George Floyd’s Death: Violence Spans Twin Cities, 3rd Precinct Overtaken & Burned, CNN Reporter Arrested
- Putin Doesn't Blame Trump for Quitting Paris Climate Deal, Unlike Most World Leaders
- Life in a virtual world
- Extend work-from-home facility for young mothers: IT forum to Centre
- Forum discusses the problems facing Vietnam’s economy
- Minneapolis Mayor says torched 3rd Precinct was abandoned to prevent 'hand-to-hand' combat between rioters and 'outnumbered' officers - as cops claim officials were 'content with letting the city be overrun'
- The world's new Covid-19 epicenter could be the worst yet
- Hundreds of households in Hanoi suffer from overloaded dumping site
Baku hosts 3rd World Heritage Site Managers’ Forum have 333 words, post on www.news.az at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.