Authorities named the 12 victims in Friday’s shooting in Virginia Beach at a press conference Saturday.
A disgruntled employee is the suspected gunman who opened fire on coworkers in a municipal building Friday around 4 p.m., police said.
Eleven of the 12 victims were city employees, city manager Dave Hansen said Saturday, according to CNN. The victims are:
- Laquita C. Brown, a right-of-way agent
- Tara Welch Gallagher, an engineer
- Mary Louise Gayle, a right-of-way agent
- Alexander Mikhail Gusev, a right-of-way agent
- Katherine A. Nixon, an engineer
- Richard H. Nettleton, an engineer
- Christopher Kelly Rapp, an engineer
- Ryan Keith Cox, an account clerk
- Joshua A. Hardy, an engineering technician
- Michelle “Missy” Langer, an administrative assistant
- Robert “Bobby” Williams, a special projects coordinator
- Herbert “Bert” Snelling, a contractor
Four others were injured and taken to the hospital, reported The Virginian-Pilot. The suspected gunman, a longtime city worker identified as 40-year-old DeWayne Craddock, died when officers responded with gunfire and is counted among the 13 dead. (RELATED: 13 Killed Including Suspected Gunman In Virginia Beach Municipal Center: Police)
The suspect was a public utilities department worker who was allegedly armed with a .45-caliber handgun with a sound suppressor, Virginia Beach Police Department Chief James Cervera said, according to The Virginian-Pilot.
FBI and state police are helping Virginia Beach police investigate.
President Donald Trump was briefed on the shooting but had not made public comment as of Saturday morning, reported TODAY.
Send tips to [email protected].
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
- Paralyzed victim seeks closure in 2015 shooting
- Westchester Medical Center shooting: How hospitals are improving security
- Two years of every mass shooting in the US
- Chattanooga shooting: New details emerge about the gunman
- Should service members at military recruiting centers be armed?
- Death Toll Is at 17 and Could Rise in Florida School Shooting
- ‘Firemen aren’t supposed to get shot’: Mourners honor Long Beach fire captain killed in the line of duty
- 'I'm sick to my stomach': 17 dead in Florida high school shooting; former student in custody
- Police, schools had no duty to protect Parkland school shooting victims, judge rules
- 'Horrific scene': 12 dead in Thousand Oaks, California, bar shooting; shooter identified as Ian David Long
- Australia hasn't had a fatal mass shooting since 1996. Here's what it did
- Will cancer mystery cool Satellite Beach growth, slam the brakes on hot real estate market?
- People threw barstools through window to escape Thousand Oaks, California, bar during shooting
- Cincinnati shooting: 'He could've killed over 100 people'
- We're not seeing more police shootings, just more news coverage
- More recordings released from Las Vegas mass shooting describe chaos, police efforts
- Cafe Society: After Borderline shooting, business owners weigh decision to reopen
- Waffle Housing suspect Travis Reinking's father in months before shooting: 'We are getting concerned'
- Festivals: Suburban concerts, carnivals, car shows, parades, food & more July 3-12
- Festivals: Suburban concerts, carnivals, car shows, parades & more July 3-12
Authorities Name 12 Victims Of Virginia Beach Municipal Center Shooting have 558 words, post on dailycaller.com at June 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.