A well-known woman’s fashion shop in Hull has suddenly closed.
Viva in Ferensway has been padlocked and a sign put up by Hull City Council, which is the landlord of the premises.
Headed by the NPS Group, the notice says it is from Hull City Council and refers to a lease dated July 6, 2018. The notice says: “Take notice that the landlord has today re0entered 87-91 Ferensway in accordance with the landlord’s power under clause 31 of the lease.
“As a consequence of the re-entry, the lease is forfeited and the premises have been secured.
“And take notice that no one can lawfully enter the premises unless they have been given authorisation by the landlord.
“Any attempt to enter the premises without the landlord’s authority maybe a criminal offence and result in prosecution.”
Viva has been a well-loved shop for many looking for the latest clothing and accessories in fashion but at affordable prices.
It is particularly well known for its ripped jeans and leather jackets alongside cheaper bags and trinkets.
It has been on Ferensway for a number of years but the reason for its sudden closure remains a mystery.
Hull Live has contacted Hull City Council for a comment.
Follow Hull Live
Our daily newsletter – To get the latest headlines direct to your email inbox every day, click here .
Follow Hull Live on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Hull Live on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram – On the Hull Live Instagram page we share gorgeous pictures of our stunning city – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow Hull Live on Instagram .
- 'Game over': Hull city centre store suddenly shuts its doors
- A new Greek Street Food takeaway could open in Hull city centre
- Mum's anger as shop's sudden closure leaves them out of pocket
- This is what's happening to 12 of Hull's ghost pubs
- ANOTHER popular St Stephen's shop has closed
- The fascinating buildings of Hull hidden in plain sight
- Huge Hull car park suddenly shuts with no sign when it will reopen
- Hull shoppers on what they want to fill empty House of Fraser
- Hull Paragon bosses reopen Anlaby Road gate a month early