The superstar actress and singer Jennifer Lopez, otherwise known as J.Lo, is forming an art collection with her fiancé, the former professional baseball player Alex Rodriguez, otherwise known as A-Rod.
Not much is known about J.Lo’s tastes, but A-Rod’s were first mentioned in an interview in 2009, where it emerged that everything he owned was in the style of something else – a version of Seurat’s 1884-86 painting A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, for instance, which A-Rod called “Sunday in the Ball Park with Alex”, and a sculpture that was like Michelangelo’s David, but with David wearing a sportsman’s jockstrap, a glove in his right hand and a ball in his left.
Since then, A-Rod…
- Left, right or down the middle, Rod Man aims to make laughs
- So-Cal Coupe: Profile of a Hot Rod
- Is That Spaniel in a Bow Tie For Sale? The Art, Money, And Absurdity of NYC's Armory Week
- Twin Cities collectors have serious drive to accumulate Hot Wheels: 'They're pieces of art'
- Art review: ‘Sense of Sight’ shows why photographers are going retro
- 2018 Norfolk arts preview: the best family shows not to miss
- £15 broken teapot sells for £575,000
- Rod Stewart is selling his stash of antiques in Essex
- Five of the most Rock’n’Roll items of Rod Stewart’s furniture up for sale in Essex