Three bodies were recovered from a storm drain Monday in El Paso, Texas, near the U.S.-Mexico border, officials said. The bodies appear to have been trapped behind a grate, Enrique Duenas-Aguilar of the El Paso Fire Department told CBS News.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency found the bodies and called the fire department for help removing the grate, Duenas-Aguilar said. The bodies were found near a highway that runs along the border, CBS El Paso affiliate KDBC-TV reports .
According to the station, the police said the bodies were men. The El Paso Police Department is overseeing the investigation.
- East Bay firefighters free 92-year-old man’s head from storm drain
- Mexico Rocks! Exploring 5 Crags Near Mexico City
- 'Urban explorers' mourn photographer who died in storm drain
- Hurricane Willa ‘extremely dangerous’ Category 5 as it nears Mexico
- US-Mexico border bridge reopens after migrant camp out
- Pentagon Shuts Down Trump’s Request to Use Troops as Law Enforcement at U.S.-Mexico Border
- CNN’s Weird California Map: You Know, San Francisco. Right There Near Mexico?
- DHS Builds 42 Miles of Mostly Replacement Border Wall Since Trump’s Inauguration
- Jerry Brown sends National Guard to the border, but on his terms, not Trump’s
- Harvard/Harris Poll: Building Border Wall, Cutting All Immigration to U.S. Top Priority for GOP Voters
- Mexico officials: 3 missing film students believed slain
- Mexico migrant's caravan make last stop to thank Virgin
- Border chief: Wounded agent stable, in good spirits
- Border Agent Confesses to Being Serial Killer Who Targeted Sex Workers
- Border Patrol find more than 60 undocumented in immigrants in South Texas home
- Livestream: Watch reaction to Trump’s address on border security
- 4900 Migrants Rescued by CBP, Border Patrol in 2019
- Is it safe to travel to Cancun? Latest Foreign Office advice after Mexico nightclub shooting leaves five dead
- Trump Wins Significant Border Wall Case in ‘Liberal’ Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lopez Obrador looks to tree planting to create Mexico jobs
3 bodies found in storm drain near U.S.-Mexico border have 310 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at June 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.