Stags might have missed out on a date at Wembley, but the Mansfield area was still represented there when one of the biggest matches of the non-league season took place on Saturday. For David Hunt, who was born in Warsop and lives in Shirebrook, was one of the assistant referees for the Vanarama National League promotion play-off final between Salford City and AFC Fylde.The final, which saw Salford win 3-0 to gain promotion to the Football League and replace Notts County, was a ‘dream come true’ for Hunt, who says he couldn’t believe it when he got the nod.Clearly delighted, the teacher said: “When I received the call, I just remember putting the phone down shocked that I would be refereeing at such a tremendous venue.”The 34-year-old Hunt has been refereeing since the age of 17. He was promoted on to the National League list in 2017, and his Wembley appointment put the seal on a memorable campaign in which he was also on the line for the FA Trophy semi-final between Fylde and Stockport County back in March.He said: “I owe Saturday to my family. Without my dad Paul and my sisters Paula and Claire, I wouldn’t be in… Read full this story
- Complete wheat genome sequence is ‘dream come true’ for Kansas farmers
- See how the Rockettes made this 69-year-old tap dancer's dream come true
- MSU dream comes true for Cass Tech’s Gervin
- Joining UK in the Bahamas 'a dream come true' for fan battling cancer
- Yankees' trade with White Sox 'dream come true' for Todd Frazier as David Robertson 'can't wait' to 'come home'
- Morning sports update: Undrafted rookie Ralph Webb calls his 2-TD performance ‘A dream come true’
- Make a Wish celebrates 35 years of making dreams come true
- LaFetta's Soul Food Restaurant is a mother's dream come true
- A little yurt don't hurt: 8 sweet offerings to make your glamping dreams come true
- Derrick Rose has no plans to leave New York in free agency: ‘Playing for the Knicks is definitely a dream come true’
Wembley date a ‘dream come true’ for Mansfield referee have 343 words, post on www.chad.co.uk at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.