PNG Trade Union Congress president John Paska has called into question the constitutional integrity of the decision to appoint Sir Julius Chan as acting Prime Minister. “I do not question Sir Julius Chan’s integrity or ability to be Prime Minister. Under the circumstances he may be the best option to resolve what is turning out to be a disgraceful and juvenile display of leadership insouciance. “The decision to appoint Sir Julius would be considered a masterstroke if it weren’t for the fact that it raises serious constitutional questions. “This is not rocket science. Prime Minister O’Neill has stepped down to avoid a vote of confidence in him. You cannot vote against him if he is not Prime Minister,” Mr Paska said. He said that when the vote of no confidence is defeated Prime Minister O’Neill returns as PM. Sir Julius in other words is the sacrificial lamb for two reasons. “He babysits the post of PM for Prime Minister O’Neill and, secondly, he is prevented from putting his hand up as alternative Prime Minister.” Mr Paska said this manoeuvre was flawed for two reasons – first the Opposition can still move a vote of no confidence in the government since… Read full this story
- Dwyane Wade Slams Critics Saying Gabrielle Union Was Acting Like She Gave Birth
- Richard Corcoran, who once called teachers union 'evil,' was just appointed Florida education commissioner
- DOJ: Acting AG appointment by Trump is legal
- George Conway: Whitaker acting AG appointment 'makes a mockery of our Constitution'
- Matthew Whitaker: SCOTUS won't hear case on acting AG appointment
- David Bossie: By blocking Trump’s State of the Union, Pelosi acts like leader of radical resistance movement
- Bolick text to Ducey makes recommendation on political appointment
- BEMG Appoints Regina Lowrie, Former Chairwoman of the Mortgage Bankers Association (“MBA”), to Advisory Board
- Senate Dems sue to block acting attorney general Matt Whitaker
- Toward a more perfect Union Square
Union queries acting PM appointment have 323 words, post on postcourier.com.pg at May 26, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.