The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have met their baby nephew Archie.
The royal couple paid a visit to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex at their home in Frogmore Cottage, Windsor, on Tuesday (05.14.19) afternoon so that they could meet the newest addition to their family – exactly one week after his birth.
A royal representative told PEOPLE that the meeting took place in private after Catherine visited a secret WWII spy base in Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire.
It’s not known whether William and Catherine’s children Prince George, five, Princess Charlotte, four, and 13-month-old Prince Louis joined them for the visit.
Harry and Meghan – who got married last year – announced that their baby son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor had been born in the early hours of May 6.
However, the new parents didn’t introduce their little bundle to the world until two days later when they posed for a photo call and later revealed his name.
The 34-year-old prince said at the time: “Everybody says that babies change so much over two weeks so we’ll be monitoring the changing process over this next month really. His looks are changing every single day.
“Parenting is amazing, it’s only been two-and-half days, three days, but we’re just so thrilled to have our own little bundle of joy and share some precious times with him as he slowly starts to grow up.”
And flame-haired hunk couldn’t resist bragging about his son and how well he’d settled into family life during his visit to Oxford Children’s Hospital recently.
Amy, who was holding her 10-week-old baby daughter at the time of their conversation, said: “Harry asked me if she was over the stormy period as babies are supposed to be grumpy for the first 10 weeks – and she is. He said he’s getting used to the baby and how Archie has fitted into family life. He said he just feels part of the family and he can’t imagine life without his son.”
And Meghan, 37, is equally besotted with her baby son as she gushed about his “calm” temperament during the photo call last week.
She said: “It’s pretty amazing and I have the two best guys in the world so I’m really happy. He has the sweetest temperament, he’s really calm. He’s just been a dream, it’s been a special couple of days.”
- 'We're just Kate and Len': Duchess of Cambridge meets pensioner, 85, she struck up a friendship with during lockdown phone calls as he reveals she sent him a pasta machine and he calls the royal 'love'
- Quick change Kate! Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William twin in blue suits as they're spotted filming in London
- George's royal premiere: The Cambridges are treated to a back-garden film screening with Sir David Attenborough as the excited young Royals watch the broadcaster's new documentary
- PIERS MORGAN: And the Duke and Duchess of Sussex 'Wokie' award for most hypocritical, virtue-signalling public figures of the year goes to… Meghan and Harry!
- Queen Elizabeth's Royal Family Is Growing With Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton Baby and Now Granddaughter Is Pregnant, Too
- The royal babies of Europe: Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Norway and Denmark
- Kate's Christmas cheer! Duchess of Cambridge brings a smile to children's faces as she and Prince William arrange for schoolchildren to meet reindeer and enjoy saxophone performance on royal train tour
- Kate Middleton meets pensioner phone friend who calls her 'love' on Royal Train tour
- How Princess Eugenie's royal baby news was different to Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton's
- What title will the royal baby be given?
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet their baby nephew Archie have 592 words, post on www.kpcnews.com at May 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.