New Ireland Governor Sir Julius Chan says New Irelanders should remain calm and pray and let the politicians decide the outcome of the current political pandemonium in Parliament. Sir Julius said yesterday New Ireland had very clear political agendas of achieving the highest form of autonomy, gain formula for maximum benefits from its natural resources and changing the mining, oil and gas laws to return ownership back to the landowning group. “These are the pillars for major structural reforms that Papua New Guinea needs to recover from the deep economic woes we are encountering right now. “The country is filthy rich in natural resources, oil and gas but we are struggling with heavy debt burdens we cannot live with. “We need to be honest with ourselves that we have made bad mistakes that landed us in deep murk and take bold decisions to recover. “This is what the Prime Minister, Peter O’Neill, requested me to do and my team of government advisers on autonomy and mining has been in Port Moresby in the past week and a half taking the lead in drafting legislation on autonomy and restructuring the mining regime to get Papua New Guinea back on track as… Read full this story
- Enjoying Ireland, the Enchanting Emerald Isle
- San Antonio New Housing Construction
- Ireland Off-Season - Travel at It's Best! Unexpected Surprises and Tips for Everyone
- How to Travel to Ireland
- A Guide to the Down Under Expo in Ireland
- Ireland With Backline Injuries
- Investing in Ireland
- Northern Ireland Small Business Makeover
- Diamonds or Coal For Brains - Sir Walter Raleigh, Men of Old Ironsides, The Wiser Pirates?
- Galway - The Festival Capital of Ireland
Sir Julius appeals to New Irelanders have 278 words, post on postcourier.com.pg at May 26, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.